Carrier Humidifier problem

I have a Carrier model 58WAV136-16 furnace. It has a humidifier attachment, and it seems that it is not sending any power to the solenoid that turns it on.
Does anyone know what conditions have to exist (that I haven't thought of) to flip the humidifier on? Things that I have thought of:
1. The fan has to be going 2. The humidistat needs to be set high enough to trip
Anything else? I opened the panel and checked the DC output of the humidifier port and there is nothing coming out of it.
Any ideas?
Thanks

How does it know the fan is running? In other words, could it be using a current sensing relay that has gone bad?
Also, some can be wired so that they go on when the furnace burner is activated, instead of the blower. That's how mine is set up, which I think has the advantage that after the burner shuts off, the humidifier does too, so the remaing few minutes of blower time can dry out the media. Plus I don't have to worry about turning it off during cooling season.

Damn! Nice idea. Never seen it done that way, but it makes sense!
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 23:31:37 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"

Thats how most of them work nowadays. Thats what the H or HUM terminal is for on most furnace circuit boards. Bubba

Yeah. The terminals have been around for a while but I thought it just brought the humidifier on with the fan.