Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else

Page 3 of 3
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:41:18 -0500, "Bob Pietrangelo"

This is Turtle.
Paul put the bottle down and go back over to alt.hvac where someone may love you.
TURTLE
Amazing how many things you can fix with a whack of a screw driver. Works for all kinds of things.
--
Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

Paul, Concerning Stumped Mormon, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. However, now that I read your reply, all I can say is BINGO!
Jabs
alt-hvac Moderated posted for all of us....

enough. Look in the wagon, it's probably your most used tool; self apply.
--
Tekkie

This is turtle.
Well What your tring to say here is if you can't fix it . You just pull out your Whacker and whack it 3 or 4 time and it will start doing right. i'll try that next time.
Hey i just thought about this. last winter, i had a 5 ton Goodman gas pack that the dumb valve would not open and i whacked it with a pair of needle nose plyers and it went to working but stop again before i could order and get a Dumb valve to replace it. . I guess I should have used a screw driver but I will try to remember to use a screw driver from now on and I wouldn't have had to order a new one to replace it with.
Now What is the best type screw driver and size to do this job well?
TURTLE

I prefer a 12" channel lock plier for adjusting stuck gas valves. Greg
Didn't someone mention an autowhacker module that can be strapped to a gizmo, and then plugged into 110 VAC?
--
Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

This a bimetal sensor, not electronic

Hi Bob;
From your description and model, you have a Carrier Furnace that uses a 3-wire pilot with sensor. Sounds like everything is working except for the indoor fan motor. Try the fan switch [auto - on ] to see if the fan comes on. If not, call your neighborhood HVAC professional and get ready for a new indoor blower motor.
--
Zyp

PS: It's best if you don't cross post to multiple groups. [newsgroup
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:28:48 -0500, "Bob Pietrangelo"

Paul ( pjm @ pobox . com ) - remove spaces to email me 'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm / Free Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm /
[...]

Keep guessing, you may get one right yet! Greg
Hi JB, hope you are having a nice day
On 01-Jan-04 At About 00:30:45, JB Books wrote to All Subject: Re: Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else
JB> From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (JB Books)
JB> the problem is a dirty flame sensor. find the metal rod that is in JB> the pilot flame and sand it clean.
JB> JB Books
That model doesn't have a flame sensor. you really need to stop trying to answer these questions.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "I wrote a few children's books... Not on purpose." - s.w.