Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else

Page 2 of 3
Glad you got your choke fixed. I've had one or two cases where I put something back together in the wrong order, and had to go back and redo it. Kind of thing happens to everyone.
Wonder if the fellow ever did get his furnace fixed?
--
Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

Hey Stormy, do your feet smell & your nose runs?
You're built backwards...
--
Tekkie

furnace
rub
not
Well, think what you want, they all are not the same! He missed this one by a mile. I just repaired one yesterday so the sequence is fresh in my mind. Is the furnace standing pilot, direct spark, or intermittant pilot? spark or hot surface?Those are the popular types right now. Thay all work differantly. Greg

This is jb books
you are right george. every furnace has the same identical start up steps to accomplish the same thing. manufactures may vary the way they accomplish it but he sequence is always the same. his furnace is stuck at no pilot senced stage. these guys make it harder than it has to be.
sometimes i think this group of big mouth owners never actually do any of the manual labor part of this job. i think they sit in chairs and talk shit on here all day. i think they have forgotton how to work on furnaces. crazy isn't it.
heres a tip for you lurkers that own carier or bryant furnaces. if it gets stuck in pilot take a big screwdriver and rap the pilot a few times banging the handle of the screwdriver on the silver pilot assembly and see if the burners come on. carrier and bryant use that type of pilot all the time with spark type pilot. they call it a three wire pilot here for i learned everything i know from here.
jb books

furnace
in
rub
reinstall.
did not

Same identical start up? No...I think not.

I will make you the same offer I made Stormin Mormon, AKA Chris Young...you come work for me a day...you make the same thing you normally make, or better, and the only other thing thats different, is we get to tape you working for a training vid...you might be in the section titled, This is how its done right, or you might be in the section titled, You never want to do this stupid shit.

Now its obvious that you are clueless, or else you would have thrown in Tempstar and Payne, since ICP is the company that owns them all....and just tell me what in hell is gonna happen when someone takes your advice, has a pacemaker installed, and the damn things got a spark ignitor with 10,000 volts behind it? OR they dont know what kind of ignition they have and its a HSI and they destroy the ignitor? How about those old gaspacks that use a standing pilot with a relight system and its bad? Amazing that you have survived this long without someone getting hurt.

message
xtd out

ok but im sorry one day inst worth my time. i charge 500 dollars a day 5 day min 5 days. plus air travel expences coach will be fine a rent a car lodging and a 50 dollar a day per diem. ill sent you my address to mail travel and lodging confirmation numbers. i dont know what offer you made that other guy but i requier payment in full up front. if you cant afford me i understand. i also need to know two weeks in advance of the flight date.
jb books

Young...you
how
do
Thats all? Sheesh...no wonder you are a hack.... We just got off a job that was $500 per hour...you cheap bastard....what do you pay your guys? Mine are making a good living. Anytime....and I wont e-mail you anything, but i will keep it public....the deal is this...if you cant fix the FIRST unit you get, in under one hour, and get it right, you owe ME. If you get it fixed, and fixed correctly, then you walk with 4 grand....you dont, you owe me the full repair bill....be it $40 or $4000.
You up to it little man? If not, shut up and keep guessing at shit. You are like a 1st year tech...full of shit and hot air.
Sounds like a winner for just one hour of your time...but...we all know you cant fix a thing....
YOU pay your way, YOU are either up to the challenge or you are not. I doubt you can find an airport, much less a TEV.
CBhvac posted for all of us....

Hell CB, he can't even find his ass, using both hands.
--
Tekkie

or
you
This is

want to

do
public....the
hour,
then
it
are
you
doubt
and a flashlight...
message

no ticket no travel sorry.
*iggy*
jb books

just
United Technologies is the company that owns CARRIER, Carrier is Bryant, Payne, and the now defunct Day & Nite. United Technologies also owns Inner City Products. ICP is Heil, Tempstar, Comfortmaker, and Kenmore.
You make a couple good points through your post , and ruin it at the end sounding like an idiot.
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:41:18 -0500, "Bob Pietrangelo"

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:41:18 -0500, "Bob Pietrangelo"

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:41:18 -0500, "Bob Pietrangelo"

ffffun, 30 Jan 2005 17:41:18 -0500, "Bob Pietrangelo"