Carrier Corp.

Thanks, Micky.

Reply to
Muggles

So, you didn't find a post about god but you think people should apologize? That's seems a little weird.

I only wanted back up for the claims she made.

Reply to
SeaNymph

There has to be a lower limit to this. Even if the crude oil were free, it takes money to refine it and ship it.

Reply to
Micky

It certainly isn't PC. It's Chinapersons.

Reply to
Micky

I really don't doubt that it'll go below a dollar a gallon, and I can remember when it used to BE less than a dollar, too. When gas prices were approaching $4 a gallon, I never thought I'd see it this low again, but here it is.

Reply to
Muggles

google nyc garbage collection history

I was surprised that there are so many, more than 10, urls about this very thing. All of them look interesting. Many have pictures.

In 2002, Nagle was first granted access to the department?s archives, and in 2003, she initiated the process of actually becoming a sanitation worker. After working closely with the department for years?riding routes, visiting garages, attending social events, and interviewing employees?Nagle was named the department?s only Anthropologist in Residence in 2006. ?It?s the perfect title,? says Nagle, ?the perfect framing of my relationship with them. It lets me propose weird things, and they just shake their heads and say, ?It must be because she?s an anthropologist.'?.... One of Nagle?s most disturbing revelations is that a career in sanitation is more dangerous than working for the fire or police department, despite a clear absence of public appreciation for our garbage men and women..... Nagle: It was created as the Department of Street Cleaning in

1881, and renamed the Department of Sanitation in 1929. But it was actually made effective for the first time in 1895, in that the people who worked for the department actually collected garbage and swept the streets.

not nyc especially
based on Nagle

1895 ? George Waring became the Commissioner of the Department of Street Cleaning (now Dept. of Sanitation) and put into action a waste management plan that made ocean dumping illegal and mandated recycling efforts. Prior to Waring, 75% of New York City?s waste was dumped into the Atlantic Ocean. As part of Waring?s initiative, household waste was separated into three distinct categories and dealt with accordingly: (a) Food Waste was steamed and compressed to produce grease and fertilizer; (b) Rubbish from which paper and other materials were recovered; and (c) Ash, which was landfilled along with nonmarketable rubbish. This becomes New York City?s first recycling program. (NYCWasteless ? History) ===>Manhattan and to a lesser extent Brooklyn and maybe Queens are a lot bigger than originally. As ships got bigger, the space between and under the short docks was filled in and longer piers extending into deeper water for the bigger ships were built. I think this happened several times. Battery Park City is built entirely on landfill.
Reply to
Micky

Sort of technical for them isn't it? Maybe if they write an app for phone they might get it or a video game shooting $$$ instead of bullets.

Reply to
Tekkie®

rbowman posted for all of us...

Ask Harry Greed and Nancy Payolo

Reply to
Tekkie®

Muggles posted for all of us...

Soon it will be cheaper than a bottle of water. Or milk or ... Think about it.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I don't mind it being cheaper one little bit!

Reply to
Muggles

It is already cheaper than milk and it traditionally always was. If you buy the bottle of water at the same place you get the gas, the gas is cheaper than that too.

Reply to
gfretwell

According to GOP debate last night Carrier Corp is moving to Mexico, = Good luck guys.

Thank NAFTA. If you think NAFTA was just wait on TPP.

Reply to
NotMe

In my experiance the quality issue is not on of worker qualification but more often on the quality of the plant equipment.

Reply to
NotMe

No. I didn't find the first post in the thread that mentioned God.

Even if I wanted to I coudlnt' keep track of who said what. I often forget who wrote a post in less than 3 minutes, especially when reading a lot of them to get a general idea, as I did this time.

If you weren't insulting then what I said doesn't apply to you.

Reply to
Micky

I just think that making the sort of judgement and saying people should apologize seems a little out of line without knowing how the conversation went. As for provocation, there was quite a bit of that.

Reply to
SeaNymph