Carrier Corp.

Page 2 of 3

notice

Revenge is on the horizon. Look up "smurfing and China" on the internet.
As the Chinese economy runs out of steam the rich increasingly trying to move large sums of money out of the country, worried that the value of the currency will fall and their savings will be worth less or even worthless. Wealthy Chinese (I suppose the word "Chinamen" isn't PC) are having their friends or family members carry $50,000, (the yearly legal limit in China) to places like the US or Europe (smurfing). I assume once the government figures that out, the $50K number will drop way down. There's a real capital flight from China that could do more damage to them than our job flight to China has done to us.
It's the culmination of 10 years of the Chinese banks willing to loan money to nearly anyone for anything. I give them credit for knowing what comes next: The banks fold and the government bails them out with tax payer money, both putting tax payers deeper in debt AND reducing the value of whatever equities they have.
--

Bobby G.

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:19:41 -0500, "Robert Green"

It certainly isn't PC. It's Chinapersons.

In my experiance the quality issue is not on of worker qualification but more often on the quality of the plant equipment.
On 02/14/2016 12:47 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Presumably the GOP contenders prefer not to remember George Herbert Walker Bush's spearheading NAFTA, particularly his idiot son.
<stuff snipped>

I'm pretty sure Trump brought it up. He was on a Bash Bush roll last night you would have enjoyed. He suggested taxing Carrier to force them to remain in the US. My favorite dig was that he (Trump) won NH and only spent $2M and Bush came in 4th but spent $44M. Then he asked "who do you want spending your tax money?" The talking heads said Trump lost the debate but I wouldn't be so sure. They've been so far off base this year that anything could happen.
It was quite a debate made all the more gladitorial by the cheering and booing crowds. Tough questions were asked and evaded and the mudslinging was epic. Whomever survives will be beaten to a pulp before facing the Democratic candidate. One thing's for sure. Somewhere in the Cruz family tree there are weasel genes. He's able to distort the truth the way only a lawyer could. The only way it could be more of a spectacle would be to have them wear togas and fight with broadswords.
--
Bobby G.

On 2/14/2016 9:08 PM, Robert Green wrote:

And when it's all said and done and one of them gets the nomination, the others will have to suck it up and some how find the gonads to support the party and it's candidate.
--
Maggie

In most cases but I think some Republican elected official from Georgia said a few weeks ago that if Trump is nominated, he will vote Democratic.
<stuff snipped>

With the absolute hatred many R's have for Hillary I don't see Trump losing many votes to her despite the claims that you've heard about.
Trump's pretty clever. He defended Planned Parenthood for attending to women's health issues at the debate. He correctly noted how much more they do for women than abortions. Risky, but it appeals to a lot of women of both sides who can say to their husbands "Oh yes dear, I voted for X in the primaries" when they secretly voted for The Donald.
It's the same reason why gun control fails. Lots of liberals talk about banning guns but they really mean banning OTHER people's guns and have their own in the nightstand drawer. In the privacy of the voting booth, they vote for what they *talk* against. It's the reason why despite decades of trying to roll back Social Security, M-care and Obamacare, nothing's happened and even worse, Bush helped created Part D Medicare to pay for people's drugs. While Americans seem to oppose the welfare state in theory, in practice they like it and despite the claims to the contrary the bulk of government spending is on the middle class, not the poor.
Trump's already angling to get a lot of independent/undecided women who can't quite bring themselves to vote for Hillary even in the name of feminist solidarity.
In the debate he really struck gold when he said "I spend $2M to win in NH but Jeb spent $44M to come in fourth. That shows Trump knows how to get the most bang out of each buck of campaign spending and that he might be able to spend our tax dollars just as effectively. He certainly knows how to get free publicity.
--
Bobby G.

On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 9:38:36 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

LOL
Trump isn't angling to appeal to anyone except the narrow base of his existing Trumpies. Polls consistently show that he has the highest negatives and does poorest when matched up against Hillary or Bernie, losing to both. He got 35% of the GOP and that was his peak, because the rest are appalled by him. Actually, some talking head had it right. The Trump voters are people who claim to be GOP, but hate all the GOP politicians. Mr T here is a prime example. He spits on all the GOP, calls then Rinos, etc. But Trump, who really isn't a GOP at all, he adores.

Really? To the rest of us it just showed why a lot of time is wasted at the debates on insults and nonsense. How much Trump spent versus anyone else is irrelevant. On a related topic, what I do find interesting is Trump's continual lie that he's self-funding his campaign. Most of the millions he's spent has come from donor, not him, yet instead of acknowledging them, thanking them, he disses them, ignores what they have done for him, at every opportunity. And they are so dumb, that they probably just send him more money.

Trump appeals to me and many others because of the rotten people that are in now and are running. I don't want any of the other Repubilcans and certainly do not want either of the Democrats. It is time to shake up the way things are in Washington now. Several elections ago I don't know who I actually voted for. Could not stand Bush and did not want a Democrat so just checked off the independant that was on the ballot. While I knew he would not win, if enough voted for the independant then things may change or maybe the indepenadant will actually get in.
On 2/15/2016 8:37 AM, Robert Green wrote:

I think you're right about what you said on Trump, here.
--
Maggie

On 2/14/2016 11:35 PM, Micky wrote:

I've seen similar things said about if Hillary gets the D nomination - they'd vote for anyone BUT her.
--
Maggie

Sure, but those are different people, mostly Republicans. I don't know any Democrats who wouldn't vote for her, certainly no Democratic elected official who has said he wouldn't, so it's not comparable.
On 02/15/2016 11:02 PM, Micky wrote:

I know several Democrats who detested Clinton in 2008 and thought she was the symbol of corruption and warmongering in the Democratic Party. I wonder if they have had conversion experiences in the last seven years.
rbowman posted for all of us...

Ask Harry Greed and Nancy Payolo
--
Tekkie

On 2/16/2016 12:02 AM, Micky wrote:

I think I've seen more people who say they're neither R or D say they'd vote for ANY one but her.
--
Maggie

BTW, I haven't read every single post but I've read quite a few in the last 24 hours, and afaict you've done little or more likely nothing to get in return the hostility for believing in God. You haven't threatened non-believers with hell, which some others do and which is a totally obnoxious practice. Maybe whoever has called your views silly and something worse are mixing you up with them, he said, trying to find some way not to blame anyone.

seems to me
the Republicans support big buisness
the Democrats support big government
so many of the big discussions are these two groups duking it out..
All the while, nobody supports the average citizen.

I think that's about right.

Especially in light of the fact that you post a lot on subjects either related to home repair or the jibber jabber that is also discussed here. I didn't find the first post about God but I suspect it just came up with thread drift and one or two people must have a problem with the topic more than you if they couldn't just ignore what annoyed them.
They should apologize for calling your views silly and something worse. They weren't provoked and shouldn't have been insulting.