carrier 58TUA won't shut off

Hello everyone, It's getting colder in my house every minute I have Carrier 58TUA furnace It work great until yesterday when I've noticed that it never turns off for some reason I got new thermostat first but quick fix failed I can only turn it off using switch on the furnace
LED error code is 12
BLOWER ON AFTER POWER UP (115 VAC or 24 VAC) -Blower runs for the selected blower off-delay time, if unit is powered up during a call for heat (R-W/W1 closed) or (R-W/W1) opens during blower on-delay
Is that control board went bad?
Thanks ahead

Yep, error code 12 Replace control board after replacing thermostat. Workey long time. Bubba
ypylaw1 wrote:

It is the cycle that the heater goes through when the power is returned AND the wall thermostat is calling for heat. [90 sec. blower run time.]
If the blower won't quit running after you plugged in the heater, and you are sure the wall thermostat [fan] switch setting is to AUTO, then it is likely you have a situation that requires a qualified CARRIER service tech see why it's doing what it's doing. I know what the problem is, and it [honestly] should be checked out. You [might] have either a firebox failure, flame roll out condition, or a conditioned air mixing with combustion air problem. All of these are dangerous and should not be addressed by a DIY. Call a licensed HVAC company and have them check your unit.
--
Zyp

Maybe I stated the problem wrong I have thermostat turned off yet furnace starts to run heats the house It just never stops LED does go red after 90 sec another thing that troubles me is that if board is bad can I trust the error code that I'm reading from the board?

Nope. Never trust the error code. Get a new board. You might need a new gas valve and igniter too. After that, replace the thermostat and match it with braided thermally shielded blue conductor thermostat wiring type FE-8. Bubba
I got it fixed the thermostat cable got shorted in the wall I end up running new one took me all day to get the cable in place thanks
Bubba, he's playing your song. Replace the thermostat (cable).
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

There's a little difference between replacing thermostat and replacing cable that leads to is. Is it not Stormin Mormon?
Sounds like you need to call a repair company.
Or, if you like, you can replace parts till you get the right one.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus