Carrier 58MPV vs Lenox G61MPV-363-070 comparrison?

Hi All, The discussion about furnaces is quite timely for me. I face the same dilemma. I have to get a new furnace and I知 faced with any number of models. I do want to go high efficiency gas, 2 stage, probably with the DC motor.
My question would be, can anyone compare the Lenox G61MPV and the Carrier 58MPV? I know the Lenox has a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger, I知 not sure if the same is true for the Carrier. I致e been quoted aprox $5800 to have the Lenox up and running and about 54 to have the Carrier going.
Any opinions are very welcome.
IHateSpam wrote 的 am getting installed Infitity here in Toronto next week.
Did you compare the Carrier to any other models and why did you go with the Carrier?
Thanks, john

Not sure how your going to compare the two units other than by seer. The unit is not the issue it is the installer that makes it work to its maximum efficiency.
http://198.147.238.24/ac_calc/default.asp
I offer this site as help
I cannot compare units, but I could tell you that I am getting Carrier Infinity 100000BTU, for about 4200$CA + 7% GST. here in Toronto area. That includes 5 year waranty on parts and labour (not just parts!!!). There will be also 350$ rebate from utility company, as I am buing it before Aug 31. Also I did home energy efficient inspection before installing unit that cost me 214$, but expect that after replacing furnace will get back from govrnment about 500$ grant for improving my house energy efficiency. That is another 300$ savings.
Does your quote include anything else? Like humidifier, air cleaner, thermostat etc? Could you tell company you got this quote from?

Get a 10 yr warranty VS DC motors last about that long.
I just got a quote this week from Metropolitan Heating and A/C in Scarborough for the 60,000 BTU version of the Carrier 58MVP - about $4,800 + GST. Obviously higher than your quote (although in our case the new furnace would be relocated slightly from the existing, to increase storage space etc. - among other things this will entail discharging and recharging the existing a/c system.)
May I ask who you got your quote from? I would like to give them a call as well.
thanks in advance!

My best quote and best service was from Direct Energy: http://www.directenergy.ca / Guy that came in was realy nice, no preassure - just came in checked everything, explained and gave me a quote. As somebody said, installer is as important as brand name of furnace. I was expecting to pay more by going with bigger company as installer, but endup paying less.
Don't forget to ask discounts for: 1. If you are already existing Direct Energy customer (renting their water heater) they'll give you discount for 200$ 2. They have plan for "do not pay for 1 year". There is a discount if you decide to pay right away by credit card. Or just tell them - I am ready to sign for x amount - do you want my business?
Good luck. Remember - if you buy before Aug 30 and install before Sep 30, then there is 350$ rebate from Endbridge. Later there will be 200$ rebate. More at: http://www.cgc.enbridge.com/A/A13-01_furnace-rebate.asp

the
have
with
Hi Joe, Actually I just reread my quotes and the Carrier quote was for a 58MTA060 this is tne high efficieny with out the DC motor. The salesman said to add about 800 to the price if I wanted the 58MPV060 with the DC. The original quote was for $4350 so with the extra 800 and tax it comes in around $5300. I got my quote from Francis Fules in Ottawa. They also have my old fuel oil account so that may help lower the quote.
Joe Shlabotnick wrote:

My thermostat quote was 350 $ US
I am getting the Carrier infinity, the VS DC motor uses less electricity then Lennox , The heat exchanger is easier to clean , I beleive. The Infinity thermostat is cheaper and allows setting fan speed on the thermostat. Unless you get the 38000 btu infinity you will have 94.5 % efficiency , about the same as lennox.
M Ransley - Could you please share how mucy you were quoted for termostat?
Thanks

This is Turtle.
The Workmanship or working ability will come from the installer and the quality of the two brands listed would be just fine if installed correctly. if all hvac systems was installed correctly we would not need 1/2 the service companys or installer companys that are in the business. Look to the Installer for quality and not so much to the brand.
TURTLE