Carpeted Front Porch?

Anyone here have a carpeted front porch? Any pros or cons you're willing to share?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
Suzie-Q wrote:

Worms and bugs getting under the carpet.
-> Anyone here have a carpeted front porch? Any pros or cons -> you're willing to share?
Okay, I was at a neighbor's house and noticed that their front porch was carpeted. My front porch is solid concrete. I figured one would use indoor-outdoor carpet, unless there is an outdoor-only carpet. I also figured the carpet would be glued down securely -- i.e. every square inch. So no worrying about rotting or bugs underneath. Also, FYI, my front porch is covered by an extension of the roof of the house.
I'd really like to hear from anyone who has a carpeted porch. Are they more trouble than they're worth?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

I did mine and love it! My porch is probably the same as you describe yours. I glued down some astro turf type stuff
Just do whatever you want. It is your house isn't it?
Try it, if you don't like it, don't do it again. That is why they make all kinds of ice cream
I am about to have one and my MIL already has one. But, when you troll with a complete lack of facts in the initial posts and can't bother with any useful details, simply looking to "chat", I won't bother with you. Yes, my MIL's is more trouble than it's worth; mine won't be. Does that answer your question? Actually, it does, as you posted it.
Suzie-Q wrote:

-> I am about to have one and my MIL already has one. But, when you -> troll with a complete lack of facts in the initial posts and -> can't bother with any useful details, simply looking to "chat", I -> won't bother with you. Yes, my MIL's is more trouble than it's -> worth; mine won't be. Does that answer your question? Actually, -> it does, as you posted it.
It was a very general question and I expected very general answers. No need for details at this early date.
Thanks for your response.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

Prejudice much?
Suzie-Q wrote:

Carpet will hold moisture and may rot the porch if it is wood, in addition to growing mold/mildew. Depending on the structure and climate, you may also have a chunk of ice when snow melts and freezes.