Carpet wrinkles

We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the carpeting in the living room went from normally taught to having wrinkles - some of these get to about an inch above the wood substrate.
What's the best way to correct this?

Best way to remedy that would be to go rent a carpet kicker and rekick your carpet...here is one in action here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOr9R_6iTE

Hope that helps... Jim

Some types of carpet weave will not resist tensioning. A knowledgeable carpet store could offer more insights on the quality/performance/ price tradeoffs. My bet is that you are stuck with a 'builder grade' carpet that will soon need replacing.
Joe

Must have been a crap install.

Are you psychic? You know this without being there and seeing it?
or psychotic? You THINK you know this without being there and seeing it?
There's a difference.
Steve
Steve

I saw it in person.
John D99 wrote:

As one poster said, buy a carpet kicker. Here's one for $20 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber&92
And watch a video on it's use.
Plan on replacing the worn-out carpet with laminate sometime in the next year or so.

Carpet kicker, or if real bad, carpet stretcher.
Steve

Carpet stretcher. You'll probably need to cut a little off one side when you do this.