Carpet Tile in bathroom

Do the legs screws into the sink at the top? Even in the "old days" they were concerned about leveling things, so there may be some adjustment in how the legs screw into the vanity.

I'd seriously *not* consider trying to cut a "small equal amount from each leg". You see that word "equal"? Ain't gonna happen.

If you can't lift it enough to get the carpet underneath, you might consider slitting the carpet so it fits *around* the legs. If it's got any kind of "fluff" you should be able to hide the slit.

BTW...I suggested making a pattern, but I did not suggest outdoor carpet. I suggested rubber backed carpet specifically made for bathrooms.

or

DerbyDad03

Most feed and drain lines have enough play to just slide it under. Hard part will be lifting and sliding at the same time. Might wanna loosen up the slip nuts on the sink tailpiece while you do it.

Reply to
aemeijers

Yes. I tried to lift, but it wouldn't budge. So this option is a two- person job. Am still concerned about breaking something.

Might wanna loosen up the slip nuts on the sink tailpiece while you do it.

After researching , inter alia, I now have a glimmer what a "tailpiece" is, thanks.

If I can find an easier way, I'd prefer, but glad to have the knowledge just in case. Tx.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

There is no play. Legs are part of the body.

Uh.... O....kayyyyy

Yes, I was thinking of that, and went to a couple of Web sites. Some of the blow-by-blow directions were exhausting just to read. Maybe my smart neighbor can explain it in doofus terms. Unless you have a simple blow-by-blow...?

6, 8:06 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

There is no play . The legs are part of the body.

Uh.... O..kayyyyy

May try with someone else to help. Not a one-person job.

you might consider slitting the carpet so it fits *around* the legs. If it's got

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking, but I am so un-visual that I can't visualize How To Do It. One of my neighbors can probably explain, I visited some sites that gave blow-by-blows that exhausted me just to read them. Is there an easy site? Or do you have a blow-by- blow..?

Thanks for clarification. Yes, the rubber-backed would be more easily cut.

I visited the two belolw sites at your recommendation: Madison and Mohawk. Both have attractive examples. I do feel iffy about washing such a large piece (8 ' x 4') in a machine. Too rough, even on lowest setting. I would probably take it outside, hose it off, and use that large dryer in the sky. Do-able?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

The right kind should work.

While on a foraging expedition after Hurricane Yikes, my son and I found about 1000 sq ft of carpet tile behind a store. Evidently it got wet and the store used this as an excuse to have insurance pay for new carpeting.

This industrial/commercial carpeting sells for over $35/yd. We dried it out and used it to carpet the snack bar in the office and the library. Looks swell.

Reply to
HeyBub

Welcome! That was me.

To handle the legs, it will still be faster to use solid carpet. You do NOT want to cut them as you are making a temp fix. You put the carpet to the other wall, then use a cutting knife as it is as flush as you can get to the edges to make a half moon then you use scizzors to make the back cut and lay it flat. Finish the back end of the half moon of the carpet.

You can also get flexible soft plastic discs to put around the legs (cut at one end then put to the back so 'no-see it'.).

Keep in mind this isnt fancy but will look 'ok' for a time and not cost much. That is what you asked for. People here tend to take a basic request and turn it into a 20,000$ job very fast. It's also true some *need* that

20,000$ job and are asking for a 500$ solultion. Yours is simple. Don't muck up your washing machine with this rug. Just take it out (as needed) and hose it off if you use the true outdoor type.

Square glue down tiles of carpet 'sound' easy but actually are not. You'll have the same parts to cut out around, have something that you can't take outside and hose off, and you may find in time they glue so hard you cant even them up nor can you rip them off without breaking the underlaying tiles.

I've done both and it takes more skill to get those little squares to look right unless you do shag which is a very *bad* idea for a semi-permanent bathroom flooring that can't be hosed off. Carol

Reply to
cshenk