Carpet Pads: Waffle Rubber Pad or Slab Rubber Pad?

I am wondering which type of rubber pad is best to put under a frieze carpet. I have seen both types of rubber pad online and I am confused. I want something very cushy for the frieze... its going to be put in our home and I am looking for the softest and coziest there is. Does it make a difference which one of these two types I get? I am looking at ordering this directly from Dalton, GA so I can't just test them out without ordering a sample.
Please post some feedback, thank you.
Angie

The 8 lb rebond pad is probably the option most floorcovering professionals would choose for their houses.
KB

Ask about odor. I put a rubberized pad (I think the dealer said it was made out of recycled tires) 10 years ago and I can still smell it if the place is shut up for a day or two. The carpet is in fine shape though.
TKM
Hello!
Well I just got home from carpet shopping all day and now believe rubber is not the way to go. I stepped on an 8 pound and a 10 pound (which was MEMORY FOAM). What do you think of memory pads versus non-memory?
Thanks for your input. Angie