Carpet Pad: Memory foam versus non-memory foam?

Is there really a difference between like an 8 or 10 pound foam carpet pad versus an 8 or 10 pound memory pad? I am confused after visiting some carpet stores in the area.

Input?

Thanks! Angie

Reply to
angiepdx

Angie,

I don't consider myself an expert but I have installed carpet and have all the tools. I've removed some old carpet which had a cheap type of plastic foam which left marks on the floor. Lowes/Home Depot sells two grades which I believe is different pounds. The difference is how soft the carpet will be underneath. I use the best/thickest and it works well but if I carpet a room that's not used very much I would use the lighter padding. Some here might disagree with me, but I would never accept the advice of a salesman getting paid on commission. I wanted to learn to do this myself so I found a DVD set on EBay that explained carpet installation in great detail. I then purchased the tools and did it myself. It can't be done without some special tools which by the way you can rent. Good luck.

Joey

Reply to
Joey

Thanks for your feedback Joey! We are now looking at the memory foam... very soft!

Angie

Reply to
Angie