Carpet installation question

New carpet will be installed tomorrow for 3 bedrooms. A couple questions:

  1. I'm guessing we got "standard installation". We have been moving things out all weekend, making room so the install will be easier. All they will have to help me do is move a couple dressers (drawers removed), and a mattress set. Is this too much to ask them to do, since I don't know if they are expecting to clear the room as well.

  1. What do we tip these guys. The reason I'm asking is because if they normally completely clear the room, and we did it for them....or are the rooms normally empty. I have planned to have a cooler full of munchies & drinks.

Reply to
Steven Bliss

As long as you made an effort and removed anything of value or breakable not a probelm,alot of times depending on how heavy or big the stuff is they leave it and move it around the room as they install the carpet.Dont worry about food and drinks they have plenty of beer in the truck.lol

Reply to
PoCambo