Carpet Depressions

I moved some furniture forma room and there are depressions in the carpet.

The floor under the carpet is wood.

Is there a way to get repair the depressions?

Thanks Tom

Reply to
tflfb

Prozac may help in this case...

Reply to
Me

I've read that using a fork on the carpet will fluff it back into shape. Spray a little water on it first to dampen the carpet. If that doesn't work, place a towel on the carpet and use a steam iron on top of that, being careful not to overdo it. Steam can damage wood.

Reply to
Phisherman

Time and regular vacuuming may improve the situation. You could try holding a steam iron just off the surface and then fluffing up with a brush. Phisherman mentions that steam may harm wood, but I doubt the amount of heat and moisture generated by a domestic iron could penetrate carpet backing. Just don't put the iron *onto* the carpet.

Reply to
Frogleg

"tflfb" wrote in news:OPsrb.41$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

Put an ice cube into the depression, and then fluff and vacuum in the next day. The ice cube is a nice way to get a slow application of a small amount of water into the exact area, and you won't damage the floor underneath.

Reply to
Murray Peterson