Carpet coming up at edges

We have several edges of carpet which are coming up throughout the house. They're all right at the seams where the carpet and linoleum meet. I was thinking a wider metal edging between the carpet and linoleum would hold the carpet down, but honestly I don't know. The carpet is on concrete, not wood, so I have no idea how else to hold down the carpet. This is my first house with a concrete slab; if it was just wood, I'd have it covered. Got any ideas? We need to keep this carpet for another couple years at least, so maintenance is important. Thanks!

Stacia

Reply to
Stacia

Failed tackless strips where the "carpet and linoleum meet". The metal is a transition between the two floorings.

Tackless strips are wood and nailed into the concrete. Check and/or repair.

-- Oren

Oren

If you got a lot of problems you might want to call in a carpet repair guy. I recently did. $150 minimum but I got my moneys worth out of him.

Reply to
Art