Carpet Cleaning

Hi All, I recently had an unwell (an slightly naughty) dog poo liquid all over my c arpet. I cleaned it as best i could and then paid a professional to clean i t as well. My problem is that it looks amazing but i can still smell it, sl ightly when i enter the room and really when i get down and smell it. The c arpet is fairly new and a middle of the road nylon blend. My question is do i need to wait longer for the smell to dry or dissipate or do i need to ca ll the cleaner back. Thoughts would be appreciated.
On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 8:08:05 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

it as well. My problem is that it looks amazing but i can still smell it, slightly when i enter the room and really when i get down and smell it. The carpet is fairly new and a middle of the road nylon blend. My question is do i need to wait longer for the smell to dry or dissipate or do i need to call the cleaner back. Thoughts would be appreciated.
Did the "pro" know that there was pet urine that needed to be dealt with?
Did they use an enzyme based odor eliminator?
We've had dogs and cats for years. We keep a couple of spray bottles of enzyme based odor eliminator handy. This brand works pretty good, but there are many others:
http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-9368/k2-_d2e21705-9b81-429d-a759-6 a1d265dc589.v1.jpg
We blot first then liberally spray the area than let dry. I don't really want to know what the hardwood under the carpet looks like, but that's a different story.
On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 8:29:56 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

an it as well. My problem is that it looks amazing but i can still smell it , slightly when i enter the room and really when i get down and smell it. T he carpet is fairly new and a middle of the road nylon blend. My question i s do i need to wait longer for the smell to dry or dissipate or do i need t o call the cleaner back. Thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT: I just noticed that you said *poo* liquid. Yes, most enzyme based odor eliminators work for feces odor also. BTDT
On 3/21/2016 8:29 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

odor but cat would still smell it - even a new cat would tend to go there.
On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:02:31 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

ean it as well. My problem is that it looks amazing but i can still smell i t, slightly when i enter the room and really when i get down and smell it. The carpet is fairly new and a middle of the road nylon blend. My question is do i need to wait longer for the smell to dry or dissipate or do i need to call the cleaner back. Thoughts would be appreciated.

We had that problem with one of the pair of indoors cats we used to have. T hey are both gone now and our current (mostly) outdoor cat either uses the litt er box when she inside or pesters us to let her out when she as to go.
It's our dog that's the problem now. He's a rescue and still has some issue s. He hates to be alone and occasionally lets us know if we've neglected him f or too long.
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

+! Good answer
--
Tekkie

Drugstores with a good sickroom supply section often carry sprays that remove biological odors from absorbent materials. Also check with a local nursing home for suggestions. They deal with soiling accidents all the time...
--
Indeed if there is a thing called White Privilege- sadly, I was
overlooked during the presentation ceremony.
On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 7:08:05 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

it as well. My problem is that it looks amazing but i can still smell it, slightly when i enter the room and really when i get down and smell it. The carpet is fairly new and a middle of the road nylon blend. My question is do i need to wait longer for the smell to dry or dissipate or do i need to call the cleaner back. Thoughts would be appreciated.
There are a number of chemicals for ridding the soil and the odor but you h ave to get them to the source. The carpet cleaner should have injected the chemicals under the carpet and let it set for the required time before rins e/extracting. Liquids spread out under the carpet, so depending upon how mu ch liquid there was, the area to be treated may be much larger than what yo u see. The other way is to take up the carpet in that area and replace the padding. If the floor underneath is porous it may have to be treated as wel l.