Carpet

Hello, can anyone help,There's a area of my carpet that's starting to thin can i repair that spot? with a piece of extra carpet that i have from the installation?

Thx

Reply to
nighthawk

Sure, but remember that all the carpet has started to thin so no matter where you make the cut for the replacement the carpet next to the patch is going to look worn compared to the patch.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
nighthawk

There are differences depending on the material. I suggest you test this out in a closet or other hidden area.

Lay the patch over the area to be patched. Cut both the patch and the original carpet with one slice to assure a good fit. Remove the original slip some carpet tape all around the hole with half if it under the existing carpet, place the new carpet in the hole and press down. There are also heat seal type tape, a bit more complex. Good Luck

Reply to
Joseph Meehan