Carpenter ants treatment

Hi, We have some carpenter ants inside the home and outsode as well. I have called professional pest control people for help. They said that they are going to look for the nest and spary some chemical on the foundation as well as inside the house. Inside the house they'll use a chemical - suspend-SC. They are saying that we should leave the house for few hours - until the chemical drys- once the chemical is all dried, it is not harmful in any way. I have a 3 year old son, and I am worried about spraying the chemical inside the house. On one hand, since we have ants inside the house, so we will get rid of ants fully if we spray the chemical inside but on the other hand I am worried about any sideeffects. Has anyone used this chemical inside the house? Any input is appreciated.
Thanks, John
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Looks pretty benign to humans. OTOH, if you have gills.....
http://www.cdms.net/ldat/mp56S006.pdf

No particular point about the chemicals they use, other than to comment that eradication of carpenter ants can be _extremely_ difficult, and limiting the pest controller may result in a job that simply doesn't work.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says... :) Hi, :) We have some carpenter ants inside the home and outsode as well. :) I have called professional pest control people for help. They said that :) they are going to look for the nest and spary some chemical on the :) foundation as well as inside the house. Inside the house they'll use a :) chemical - suspend-SC. They are saying that we should leave the house :) for few hours - until the chemical drys- once the chemical is all :) dried, it is not harmful in any way. :) I have a 3 year old son, and I am worried about spraying the chemical :) inside the house.

to email....get rid of the BUGS
Lar wrote:

Nope. The instructions say to keep children and pets away until it dries.
http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld56S002.pdf
snipped-for-privacy@no.net says... :) Nope. The instructions say to keep children and pets away until it :) dries. :) :) http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld56S002.pdf :) :) Which tonight's experiment using cynoff WP (my product of choice)another water based product, showed to be dry under 21 minutes at 77 degrees..rather than the three hours. And that's if the treating company is doing more than a crack-crevice carp ant treatment, which may be all they are doing. When talking to potential customers if I pick up extra concern I'll extend my stay out time over two hours.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS
On 17 May 2005 12:01:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

When I bought my house, 2002, it had carpenter ants. per sale agreement, it must be treated and was. Not being a fan of using massive pesticides, I found non and little poison ways to prevent reinfestations.
1. Removed all vegation touching the house. 2. Inspect the outside of the house for those ants. 3. Find those ants and drop a bait trap in their path. 4. Pray.
This so far has kept my house carpenter ant infestation free for 3 years now.
Good luck with your adventures.
later,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com
On Tue, 17 May 2005 21:01:36 -0400, The Real Tom

other bugs. earwigs die in seconds (i call it the 9 inch killer). try it. nothing to lose. just mix up a dilute solution and pour it into wherever the ants are. if you can find a nest, split it with your spade and pour it right in. ...thehick
snipped-for-privacy@OBVIOUScanada.com says... :) i found simple kitchen dish soap in water will kill ants. and most :) other bugs. earwigs die in seconds (i call it the 9 inch killer). :) try it. nothing to lose. just mix up a dilute solution and :) pour it into wherever the ants are. if you can find a nest, :) split it with your spade and pour it right in. :) :) carp ants will be living in hollow areas of the home..sometimes impossible to get the nest with liquids
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS
log onto www.gardensalive.com and buy liquid ant bait.
Apply per directions, comes in two ounce bottles. Ants slurp it up, take it back to the nest and don't return. Worked for me.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 17 May 2005 12:01:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: