Carpenter ants only 2 months per year. Nest outside?

In the past couple of years, from May to July, I've seen carpenter ants in my house. It always starts in early May, and usually stops by June or July. During this period (especially in May) I may see 1-3 ants per day, about 3-4 days per week.

Are these most likely simply random foragers from outside nests that found a way inside? (50x100' lot with large trees). If the ants had a nest somewhere inside my house, would I more likely be seeing them year-round (or at least from Spring until Fall) as opposed to just 2 or

3 months per year?

This is in Southern Ontario (Canada).

Reply to
jonny_rizzo

In article , jonny snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says... :) In the past couple of years, from May to July, I've seen carpenter ants :) in my house. It always starts in early May, and usually stops by June :) or July. During this period (especially in May) I may see 1-3 ants per :) day, about 3-4 days per week. :) :) Are these most likely simply random foragers from outside nests that :) found a way inside? (50x100' lot with large trees). If the ants had a :) nest somewhere inside my house, would I more likely be seeing them :) year-round (or at least from Spring until Fall) as opposed to just 2 or :) 3 months per year? :) :) This is in Southern Ontario (Canada). :) :) Just guessing it is a nest that is close or on the exterior of the structure..if it is more of an interior nest it could be better foraging outside so when things start a growing and other insects get active they quit showing up inside.

Reply to
Lar