Carpenter Ants

I've used Carpenter Ant powder to rid myself of two nests in my home. I still see a few "strays". Has anyone ever used the carpenter ant "bait traps" that I see advertised on some web sites which I can't find at Lowe's or Home Depot?

Reply to
The Stephen's

First, you should post here: alt.consumers.pest-control

Second, try Maxforce Carpenter Ant Gel. Works wonders. You can get it from these guys cheapest:

currently have it on sale.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Bob: Thanks! Ken

Reply to
The Stephen's

In article , snipped-for-privacy@att.net says... :) I've used Carpenter Ant powder to rid myself of two nests in my home. I :) still see a few "strays". Has anyone ever used the carpenter ant "bait :) traps" that I see advertised on some web sites which I can't find at Lowe's :) or Home Depot? :) :) :) The only two consistently effective baits I know of for carpenter ants are Advance Carpenter Ant Bait granules that I have used with success a number of times and Maxforce Carpenter Ant Gel that I have never used but know a number of exterminators that have used it always with success.

Reply to
Lar

In alt.home.repair on Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:45:47 GMT 'nuther Bob posted:

Cool. Who knew? I even have that group on my server.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter.

meirman

Consider spraying the perimeter of your building with an external ant killer. Example. 'Bug B Gone'.

After a number of tries at trying to contain ants inside I used the above approach with complete success. Ants no longer enter the house in search of food.

The Duke

Reply to
dude

Borax and suger, equal parts with water. Put in small tray and place where ants hang out. Problem solved. I take cheque or money order.

Reply to
Discordia