Carly Fiorina

Page 2 of 3

<stuff snipped>

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2015/07/ActOfLove1.jpg
On 05/09/2016 12:19 AM, Robert Green wrote:

I don't know if having Palin on your side is a plus or minus but I'm hoping Ryan loses his primary race. He's brought a lot of bacon home to Wisconsin though and they may like the lying little weasel.

One of my favorites. I still listen to his (pre-1970) music.
On 05/09/2016 10:43 AM, CRNG wrote:

Yeah, 'Self Portrait' was a harbinger of the coming disasters.

The mouthpieces said she was secratary of a 9 person real estate firm.

The bit about being a secretary is so misleading. She didn't work her way up from secretary like it sounds.
Wikip: She attended the UCLA School of Law in 1976, but dropped out[28] after one semester. She worked as a receptionist for six months at a real estate firm, Marcus & Millichap, moving up to a broker position. [They'll let anyone with a personality sell real estate. If they're not licensed, they work under someone else. But she was a law-school dropout.]
When she married in 1977, she and her husband moved to Bologna, Italy, where he was doing graduate work;[29] there she did English tutoring to Italian businessmen.[30][22]
In 1980, Fiorina received a Master of Business Administration, in marketing, from the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park. In 1989 she obtained a Master of Science, in management, at the MIT Sloan School of Management, under the Sloan Fellows program.
That's how she got started in business, like everyone else, with an MBA, not by working her way up from secretary. My neighbor mowed my lawn when he was in high school and now he's a VP at Boeing, but he doesn't claim to have worked his way up from mowing lawns.
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 3:36:58 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

That sure sounds like working her way up from secretary to me. If you're a dunce and incompetent, they probably don't let you move from secretary to real estate agent, do they? And why does history only start when she got an MBA? Being a real estate agent or even a receptionist, you're already working in a business. Why do libs seek to denigrate, undermine hard work? Libs would celebrate it if she was hired under affirmative action, was demonstrating her business skills selling drugs on the street, or got to the top like Hillary did, riding the coattails of her husband.
On 05/01/2016 07:31 AM, trader_4 wrote:

What makes you think peddling real estate requires more competence than being a secretary?
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 1:07:38 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

I didn't say that it did. I said if you're an incompetent, dunce secretary the firm wouldn't allow you to be a real estate agent. But real estate agents do have to pass an exam, at least in the states I'm familiar with. And I think given issues ranging from negotiating, to state disclosure laws, fair housing laws, etc, being a real estate agent in general requires more skills than being a secretary.
On Sun, 1 May 2016 06:31:49 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

I don't think she's a dunce or an incompetent (at that level) and she did work her way up from receptionist to broker.
Then she went to school and started all over again.

Because the people who hire an MBA don't care if you were once a secretary, beautician, newspaper delivery girl, a real estate saleswoman, or an ice cream vendor when they hire the MBA. They probably do care, since she's not 18 or even 22 anymore, that she wasn't in prison or living in a sex commune, but a history of receptionist and real estate doesn't do anything to get you hired once you have the MBA and an MS in management.

So is mopping the floor at a business.

What a bunch of baloney. I didn't criticize hard work, and you should ask yourself what makes you imply that I did. Hard work is good, and it was good that she had a job, but she didn't work her way up from secretary like it** sounds. That's all I said. Can't you read? **"go from a Secretary to leading a Fortune 20 company". Like Finch goes from window washer to chairman of the board in the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying". A few people do that without taking a break for a one or two masters, but she didn't.
Why do conservative believe any fool thing that other conservatives tell them?

Don't be a stupid fool.

Don't be a stupid fool.

She did plenty well at Yale law school herself. And everyone who knew her in the Senate, including quite a few Republicans says she was a hard worker who came to committee meetings and everywhere else very well prepared. Of course her husband was a big advantage to her. So were the Bush brothers' father, the Rockefellers' father, but you don't hear Democrats bring that up until conservatives bring up their corresponding nonsense.
Why do conservatives try to criticize people for no good reason, when all I did is set the record straight on the fact that Fiorina did not work her way up from secretary to executive. Any more than my neighbor would say he worked his way up from mowing lawns to VP of Boeing.
BTW, the other problem with Fiorina is that she's a liar. She told several blatant lies when she was running for Prez, only comparable to Bachmann but far behind Trump. So even if she said she had a real estate license, I doubt she did, but afaik she hasn't even said that.
Wikip: "In the United States, however, real estate brokers and their salespersons (commonly called "real estate agents" or, in some states, "brokers")** assist sellers in marketing their property and selling it for the highest possible price under the best terms. Crucially, in the U.S. each state has their own laws defining the types of relationships that can exist between clients and real estate professionals and those relationships, such as brokerage and agency, can vary markedly."
**The article said she was a broker, which this paragraph says may be a mere salesperson who assists the agent. Maybe someone can find out the law in California and if she was really a broker or just an assistant or a saleswoman.
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 10:23:24 PM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

They

I see. So according to you, hiring managers don't care if you're a 23 year old MBA right out of school, with only summer jobs at McD's or a 30 year old who just got an MBA and has a record of selling $10 mil a year in real estate? It doesn't matter if you have a record of moving up from a new hire trainee, to a management position, five or ten years experience, then getting an MBA?
Of course in the real world, it's all relevant. I'd hire an MBA that had a track record of success, of moving up the ladder, any day over one that's newly minted with no experience other than working at McDonald's summer jobs.

Bingo, you're learning. Now show us the mopper who moved from that to selling real estate, etc and you have a track record of success.

You just denigrated hard work again, above.
and you

And you're 100% wrong. She *did* work herself up from a secretary to CEO. She's not a secretary anymore and she was CEO. QED
Can't you

No one ever said or implied that she didn't get an MBA. WTF is wrong with you? It's part of the ladder of success.

You're the fool. It's a demonstrated fact that she worked herself up from being a secretary to CEO. If some lib loon told you she got there by affirmative action or the govt doing it for her, why then libs would be celebrating her path to success.

I won't invade your safe space, you have a monopoly on that position.

I see, so what Hillary did at Yale, why that's on her record of success. But Fiorina works her way up from secretary to real estate agent, to CEO, and that's no good. Go figure.
And everyone who

Tell us what she accomplished in those years in the Senate, beside filling up space. Tell us her accomplishments as Sec of State. Reset button? Syria? Libya? Fall of Iraq? Mideast on Fire?

Oh, no. The libs never bring up the Bush's. Never. It's always conservatives who start things. Good grief.

You're the one here who is criticizing and lying. You just did it again.
Any more than my

If you're neighbor did in fact mow lawns, put himself through school, and wound up VP of Boeing then it's true that he worked himself up from mowing lawns to VP. Why do you libs disparage success?

WTF don't you go do that instead of posting pure speculative rubbish? I'd be very surprised if one can call themselves a real estate agent or broker in CA without being licensed. But heh, you could get off your lazy ass and prove us wrong.
On Mon, 2 May 2016 07:49:13 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

She didnb't have 5 years' experience or 10, she had 6 months including receptionist and broker. And she wasn't selling 10 mil or she'd have gone back to real estate instead of getting an MBA. AFAIK, she didn't sell anything.

6 months IS barely more than a summer job.

No I didn't. I told you what those who hire care about, and 6 months as a receptionist and broker means nothing to them compared to an MBA, which school they got it from, what grades they got, what references they got from their professors.

Nonsense.

That includes me, but apparently you can't read.

The problem is that you cant' read. She's not like Finch, who went from the mail room** to Pres of the Board. She took a a break for two masters.
**His job washing windows was for a contractor, not directly for World Wide Widgets.)

It's misleading.

No, she didn't . She got 2 masters, probably with her husband paying the tuition, but certainly not based on money she saved in 6 months.

Don't be a stupid fool.

It would be good but she didn't do that. She stopped and got two masters.
And yes, Hillary at Yale is on her record of success, and Fiorina working as a receptionist and broker is on her record of success, but she did not work her way up from broker to CEO. Doing that means she stayed at one company, or moved laterally or up when moving to another company, or getting a degree while continuing to work. It does NOT include leaving the work world, getting 2 masters, and joining the work world a second time.

I dont' keep track and this is off topic. Is this why you brought her up in the first place, so you could change topic? The topic is that Fiorina didn't work her way up from broker.

If you pay attention, you'll see that I am right. You try to make me wrong by putting "never" in twice, but in common parlance, what I said was correct.

If you think I'm lying, you're an idiot. At most it's a difference of opinion as to what "working your way up" is.

Now he has to put himself through school? Did Fiorina put herself through school? You never mentioned it before.

What an incredbily stupid remark by you. There is nothing disparaging about not including mowing lawns in "working his way up"? Do you think when he gets awards, as he does, that either the person who introduces him or he says that he worked his way up from mowing lawns? No they don't. When he comes back to his parents' and sees a mutual neighbor, he might mention that he mowed my lawn, and I would, but it's not part of working his way up. There was nothing upward about it. It didnt' get him into college. His grades did, and it didn't help get him even his first job. Other things did.

Because for the issue at hand, it doesn't matter if she was a broker or not. It just occurred to me, when I remembered what an unusual liar she is, that she might well be either exaggerating or carefully choosing an ambiguous word to describe her second job there.

You're just speculating too. The wikip article said some places you could.

I don't care about this part.
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 3:32:57 PM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

Show us the references to back that up, I bet you can't.

You don't know how much she was selling or even what kind of real estate she was selling. I never said or implied how much she was selling. I only threw out that $10 mil sales number because you claimed that whatever one did before getting an MBA is irrelevant, so I simply asked if you thought a 30 year old candidate with experience, say selling $10 mil in real estate and an MBA was the same as a 23 year old with no experience. The notion that your employment history prior to getting an MBA is irrelevant is one of the most bizarre things you've ever come up with.

But then you're hardly the reference for anything, much less what Fiorina did 35 years ago.

Show us the references for that new claim of 6 months.

Show us the references for 6 months. I bet you can't.

You have the monopoly on nonsense. Of course if it's a lib, like Hillary, why then you'd crow about her extraordinary achievements and how she worked herself up from peon to presidential candidate, wouldn't you?

Only in Micky's little world does going back to school to get an MBA wipe out everything you did to get to that point.

Just because you can't understand the concept doesn't make it misleading at all.

Who cares who paid for the masters? She first worked as a receptionist, then a broker, ultimately she was CEO of HP. Those are the FACTS.

Only in your irrelevant little world does going back to school to get an MBA wipe out everything before it. Lots of companies pay for managers that have had some years of experience to get an MBA, so they will be more valuable to the company. In fact, that's exactly how Fiorina got that second degree, at the age of 35, from MIT. She was an exec with AT&T, which became Lucent, at the time. So, following the Micky MBA reset button theory, the two decades of experience prior to her getting that MBA from the MIT Sloan School doesn't count. Go figure.

Of course she did idiot. She was a receptionist, broker, manager, exec and eventually CEO. Only an idiot would believe that it all happened at one firm or that getting an MBA in the process matters. Do you think most people think HP is in the real estate business?

Who set that new rule?

Which she did.

Irrelevant as to whether it was done while continuing to work or not. According to your nutty theory, if a 35 year old manager took a year off to get a degree or travel the world, then takes another job, all that came before gets wiped out.

Really? Who says so? But I'm beginning to like your dumb theory. That means that Hillary has no qualification whatever to be president, because she left work as Sec of State in 2008 and hasn't held a job since. See how nice that works?

It should be easy to keep track of Hillary's accomplishments, they are few to non-existent. In fact, that's obviously the real problem, neither she nor her supporters can come up with any.
Is this why you brought her

Then following your rules, Hillary didn't work herself up from anything either. Like so many others, there are periods where Hillary wasn't continuously employed either. The last 4 years, for example. So, following the Micky rules, Poof!, nothing previous counts.

If you think the libs never went after the Bushs or other Republicans you're so partisan it's really, really beyond belief.

I never said your neighbor example had to put himself through school. You said if your neighbor mowed lawns and then became a VP at Boeing, does that count as going from mowing lawns to Boeing. The answer is YES. We Republicans celebrate work, self-improvement, moving up.

Of course there is. It implies that doing that kind of work, mowing lawns, earning money, being productive is not part of one's life record of success.
Do you

There you go again, trying to imply that there is something wrong with earning money by mowing lawns. Of course, when he gets an award, no one will probably mention it, but they might. If he wrote an autobiography or someone wrote his biography, I'd expect it to be in there. Bill O'Reilly occasionally mentions that he earned money with a bunch of friends painting houses while growing up on LI. He isn't embarrassed, ashamed, dismissive of it. He's proud of it!

Of course it's a part of working his way up. Why do you libs denigrate hard work, being productive?

How the hell do you know what did or didn't get him into college? I don't know how much money he made, or what exactly "mowing lawns" constitutes. But if he had a business, made money running a small mowing operation during summers, why the hell wouldn't he list that as an accomplishment on his college application? Or if they asked in a college interview, what did you do last summer, what should he do, lie? Be ashamed of it? It's a very typical question for a college interviewer to ask. And I'd sure look more favorably on the applicant who said I made money by mowing lawns 6 days a week than I would on the applicant that said I went to the beach.

I see, so now it doesn't matter. Last post you said it did matter and suggested someone go research it for you. I'd say it does matter, because being a real estate broker is a step up from being a receptionist and I'll bet you that you do have to pass a test, be licensed in CA. Any tests, licensing for receptionists?

Yes, and look how it's embarrassed you here. Obviously the real facts don't matter, just how much FUD you can spread based on speculation and bogus claims.

I think we all probably looked better in those days.
On 05/02/2016 06:26 AM, CRNG wrote:

I never looked better, just different...
CRNG posted for all of us...

Not me, I've always been ugly.
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...

You are correct in all counts. If you want to check send me a private jet and limo to and from your casa. You can look but no touching.
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...

I think that aspect of the business would be a non opener. Is there any such prevert that would wanna see it? I know I wouldn't but I can't account for your taste (ugh)...
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...

Excuse my last post. I thought we were referring to the Billary. One might make a go of it with Carly.
--
Tekkie