Carly Fiorina

Page 1 of 3

Lucent Executive By 1998, when Fortune dubbed Carly Fiorina the most powerful woman in business, she was president of Lucent's Global Service Provider division, the company's core business unit. Fiorina found success meeting the rising demand for network technology from American businesses. Under her watch, the company's market share increased in every region for every product.
Isn’t this nice most powerful woman in business, excellent story’ but how about those people that her organization while working for Lucent Technology that she help put me out of business. That Republican bitch cost me $18,000.00. in user tax which they have claimed are paying directly to the State Other Republican bitch Christie Whitman Governor of New Jersey raising property taxes house you leave in 32%, from $6k to over $8k in one year ask me again who I will Vote for!!!

That was before she ran HP into the ground. I am not sure why people think she is so smart.

how smart must one be to go from secretary to running a corporation into the ground?
On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 3:25:02 PM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

If it's all Fiorina's fault, why did almost all the other tech companies crash in 2000, just a year after she joined an already troubled HP? Many of those companies are no longer in business today. And if Fiorina was the problem why is HP's stock today almost exactly where it was when she left in 2004, twelve years ago? Even king of the empire Intel crashed and has never recovered. I'm not exactly a big defender of Fiorina's business career, but to charge her with running HP into the ground, implying that she caused the whole thing isn't right either.
On 04/30/2016 01:59 PM, trader_4 wrote:

People have been asking Meg Whitman that too. Like Obama's economic recovery, flat isn't good.

Like I said, wrong industry at the wrong time. The Compaq purchase could be justified. The question in the industry was why the HP brand, which was known for servers and printers, was shunted to the consumer arena where it was weak, and Compaq, a consumer brand with a good reputation, moved to the server side of the business.
In any business, when you take one path, you have to justify the loss of opportunities from the path not taken. Compaq was in trouble when she bought it. This was after the dotcom meltdown, so that wasn't an unforeseen event in the future. The industry confusion about where HP was going drove buyers to Dell. Any hope of challenging IBM in the server market was a pipe dream. IBM read the tea leaves and unloaded the PC division to Lenovo in 2005.
This isn't Monday morning quarterbacking. She made an unpopular decision, it didn't work, and she was fired. Wunderkinden produce or they're gone. It isn't government where you can screw up indefinitely.
On 4/30/2016 2:41 PM, rbowman wrote:

... and test equipment! I had a client who was making some large test equipment purchases when HP decided to "become" Agilent. The uncertainty caused him to go with Tek for the entire lab! ("Are they getting ready to SELL OFF the test instruments business? Will I have purchased several hundred kilobucks of product that may -- or may not -- be supported in the manner that I *expect* when I base my business on that support? Will the next devices come from "People's Test Equipment Factory #2866", formerly known as "Agilent"? Have they decided to just cater to the consumer market, instead?")

+1

The mouthpieces said she was secratary of a 9 person real estate firm.

more than the 30 seconds it took you

less weak than yours

Boo whoo whoo. Someone made fun of my looks. Someone made fun of me because I am a girl.
And she thinks she will be respected by foreign leaders who think she is property? Can you imagine Margret Thatcher pulling the whiny girl act?
She should probably be in jail for the s*** she pulled at Lucent.
I knew folks that worked at HP. Don't get them started!
On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 8:03:49 PM UTC-4, T wrote:

he company's core business unit. Fiorina found success meeting the rising demand for network technology from American businesses. Under her watch, th e company's market share increased in

ology that she help put me out of business. That Republican bitch cost me $ 18,000.00. in user tax which they have claimed are paying directly to the S tate Other Republican bitch Christie

I didn't see Fiorina whining about the comments Trump made. I saw her defend herself, turn it around and use it against Trump. And once again, you really, really have blinders on. The one in this campaign that has been continually whining all along has been TRUMP. Whining that the party has been unfair, whining because Cruz paid attention to the delegate selection process, hired the right people to work it, put them in the states and picked up a few extra delegates. Whining with a 15 minute rant against the publisher of the Union Leader, attacking the man, because the paper endorsed another candidate. Whining and mimicking the body movements of a disabled reporter, because the reporter could not confirm Trump's lie about "thousands and thousands of Arabs celebrating in JC on 9/11. Whining that the party is corrupt and rigged, yet he's seeking to win the nomination of that "corrupt" party, what does that say about him? And you want to claim that Fiorina is a whiner? You're so mesmerized by the shiny rude clown that you can't think straight.

I see, so no woman is qualified to be leader of the USA because some puissant backward countries don't respect women.

I can imagine Thatcher doing exactly what Fiorina did to your boy Trump. There was no whining. In fact, Fiorina didn't even bring it up. It was the MEDIA that immediately jumped on what Trump said when he disparaged Fiorina's looks. So Fiorina was drawn into it and responded turning it around and pushing it back on Trump. What in your loony Trumpie world should she have done? Agreed with Trump?

Please list for us the specifics of what you're talking about. As usual, I'm expecting crickets. And once again, if you're so worried about what went on in folks past business days, what about Trump and his 4 business bankruptcies? What about the suit for fraud that Trump is soon going to have to testify at, over what went on at Trump University? Do you really think those real estate seminars were worth $50K+, to learn the alleged secrets of the Donald? What would you say if it were the Clintons or Harry Reid that enticed people with a free seminar, then worked them up, to a $500 seminar, a $2K seminar, all the way to $50K? That told them during the seminar to go increase their credit card limits during the break, so they would have credit available for a real estate down payment, when the real purpose was obviously to be able to have them charge the next higher priced seminar on their cards at the end of the seminar? That is what the plaintiffs say went on. And now you have some people of modest means, retired folks, old folks, who just want a refund and Mr. Billionaire says, SCREW YOU. That is OK, but whatever went on at Lucent, is a crime?

Did they tell you that HP was already in trouble before Fiorina was hired and that was the specific reason they went outside, looking for a new CEO?

I think you made a spelling error. The real WINNER is Trump. Now we get to see who really runs the party. Hint: It's NOT the Republican elites like Mitt or people like you. Your conservative purity tests (of both posters and candidates) have no meaning anymore. It was pretty funny to watch Trump's poll numbers RISE after Mitt&McCain came out to denounce him.
The voters run the party and they're running away from Mitt, McCain, Ryan and the Bushes. Every time one of them attacks Trump, he only grows in stature as the anti-elite candidate. Even the Pope couldn't faze him.
You wanted someone to project a stronger presidential image than Obama? You got him! Remember that quote about how "I didn't leave the Republican party, it left me?" Now it applies to you. (-:
--
Bobby G.

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 6:32:31 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:

That he's the presumptive nominee doesn't change the fact that he's a big whiner. And are Romney and McCain winners? They won the primary, were "winners" at this point too and went down in defeat. Trump is very likely headed there too.

That remains to be seen. After what Trump is demonstrating in the last 5 days, I would not be surprised for the convention to deny him the nomination anyway. He just told George S on ABC that he doesn't think the party needs to be united to win. He's continuing to attack the party and other GOP. He also told George "They say I'm not a conservative, who the hell cares"? At least he's now admitting the truth. The truth that I told everyone about since June. So, why should GOP conservatives vote for him? One of the last possible reasons was over nominations to the SC. Trump just told everyone that conservatism doesn't matter. He also has said that his sister would make a good SC justice. His sister is a federal judge who ruled to overturn partial birth abortion in NJ. So, goodbye to the GOP conservatives.

Sure, there is an angry mob that represents less than 10% of all voters that is behind Trump. You can't win the presidency with just that. And thankfully, Trump is showing no signs of going beyond.

Yes, I want a strong president. But I don't want a maniac clown. And I haven't left the party. I will vote the GOP down ticket, but never for Trump. What do you think Trump is going to do to the GOP down ticket? There is no Trump there, just the GOP that Trump is running against.
On 05/08/2016 07:58 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The angry mob that convinced the rest of the candidates to pack their bags and go home was only 10%?

Don't forget to send you dues in to Cuckservatives for Hillary.
On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 12:39:50 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

Less than 10%. There are 146,000 registered voters in the US, 126,000 voted in 2012. Only about 10 mil have voted for Trump so far.

It's possible Hillary will be indicted and out. Or we could see a third party candidate emerge too.
On 05/08/2016 01:06 PM, trader_4 wrote:

As of today, Trump's total is 10,647,150 votes and the fat lady hasn't sung yet. In 2012 Romney had 9,947,433 when the gavel fell. Of course, Mittens did lose...

Little Billy Kristol seems to be having a problem sucking someone into his fantasy league.
"Come senators, congressmen Please heed the call Don't stand in the doorway Don't block up the hall For he that gets hurt Will be he who has stalled There's a battle outside And it is ragin' It'll soon shake your windows And rattle your walls For the times they are a-changin'."
'The Times They Are A'Changin'' Bob Dylan
http://bobdylan.com/songs/times-they-are-changin/
Paul Turncoat Ryan better be watching his six too.
On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 5:28:19 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

So what. It doesn't change the math that Trump only has 10 mil out of 146 mil registered voters or 126 mil that voted in 2012. It's a very small section of voters that are driving Trump.
On 05/08/2016 04:39 PM, trader_4 wrote:

While I realize the number of eligible voters has grown quite a bit, the only Republican primary candidate to get more votes than Trump has now since 1980 was Bush in 2000. Both Obama and Clinton did better in 2008 because it was a hard fought primary that energized the Democrats but the takeaway is only a small fraction of eligible voters vote for the winning candidate in the primaries.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/twelve-thirty-seven/2016/04/donald-trump-popular-vote-record-222510
Trump is many things but one thing he has done is coalesced the people who are sick of bait'n'switch Republicans. Considering his performance in states with closed primaries, you can't explain it entirely by invoking independents or crossover Democrats.
On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 11:06:09 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

You're back to looking at how many primary votes Trump got out of primary voters. All I'm pointing out, *again* is that he got 10 mil but 126 mil voted in the 2012 general election. He can't win a general election with 10 mil people, alienating so many of the rest of the ~126 mil.

Trump is the ultimate bait and switch. Now that the primary is over he just said that he actually will raise taxes on the rich, not cut them like his previous plan. His flipped on H1B visas, immigration, just now on the min wage too.
On 05/09/2016 02:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I get it that he has alienated you personally but I will point out *AGAIN* that he is on track to win more primary votes than any Republican candidate *EVER*. By your logic no Republican could have ever won. In the best of years slightly less than half of the voters loathe the winner. In the worst of years you have the Goldwater disaster.
I have no problem with alienating some of the people who probably can't or won't vote either. If the illegals don't like him, they can go back to wherever they came from. Same for the Muslims. I guess we're stuck with BLM but it's time they realize they are a minority and STFU. The neocons that got us into the current mess? Screw them. The sellouts that want to globalize the economy to the detriment of the country? When they talk about enemies foreign and domestic, they're the domestic version as far as I'm concerned.
I haven't voted for a Republican presidential candidate since 2000, but I might just break the streak this year. Maybe Trump is blowing smoke but at least it's the right color smoke. I guess I can go for the hope and change bait one more time. Something has to give before America is a third world colony.