Carb on Tecumseh engine leaking gas

Page 2 of 2
I installed a new bowl gasket, the bowl does not have drain. I don't know where the float is hanging up. I rechecked the new float, it does not have a hole in it.

I have the same problem with Tecumseh lawnmower. I wonder if the little clip on the needle valve could cause it to hang if not turned the correct way? Diagram shows the closed U facing forward and the open end facing towards the rear. The diagram also shows a small O-ring between the bowl and the stem. I'll bet mine came off when I removed the bowl. Oh well, I installed a shut off valve and just turn it off as I head in for the old barn.
worst case scenario is just keep on searching on ebay and find one on there for cheap. If you do and it solves your problem for the moment then your in business. Keep the old one as a spare for those sneaky blizzards when all hell breaks loose.
Hi slip I have a suggestion. There could be rust or dirt in the gas. If you get rust in the inlet it will flood it. Also a rotten fuel line will leach bits of rubber into the carb causing flooding. It could also be possible you put the neoprene seat in upside down. The side with the little groove all the way around it goes in first. Good luck.