Carb Adjustments ?

I've got a Huskee riding mower, 15.5 Hp, Tecumseh engine. Lately I have to have the choke pulled out about 1\3 to keep it running. I've replaced the plug, cleaned the air-cleaner, replaced the gas line filter. I've sprayed about a 1\3 can of carb cleaner into the carb with the engine running. No improvement so far. Any suggestions on what to try next?
Thanks
Patch wrote:

Find the air leak...
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Right. Start by rebuilding the carburetor. You can buy a kit at a small engine repair shop. [I'll bet you ran it dry last Fall. That lets the gaskets dry out. No good, contrary to popular opinion.]

Yes, do look for and air leak. If none found, locate highspeed air/fuel mixture adjustment on carb and turn counter-clockwise in 1/8 turn increment (while engine is running, choke open and operating temperature) until it runs smooth. If it bogs down under heavy load, give it another 1/8 turn.
Oh.... if the problem is when idling, locate the idle mixture screw and do the same procedure as above.

Try all of the above suggestions but first make sure that your fuel is good. If it was in the tank and or your gas can over the winter (meaning you probably bought it sometime last summer) it should be the first thing to check. Been there done that, all of the usual fixes to no avail and then changed gas to cure the problem, DOH! Man did I feel dumb. CR
There is (or should be) a gasket between the carb adn the side of the motor.
Replace it. Coat lightly with Permatex #2 non hardening gasket sealer. Permatex is messy as heck, try not to get it on hands, clothes. etc.
Remit $48.50 for experienced counsell.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus