Car battery

Page 1 of 5

How long are they supposed to last? My car battery is 9 years old. My truck battery is 6 years old.
What brand are these? I need to get those next time...
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 06:37:07 -0700, Larry Fishel wrote:

The 9 year old one is and Enertec made in Mexico for VW and the 6 year old one is a Nissan.
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:59:49 GMT, Van Chocstraw

Average life of North American batteries is supposedly just over 3.5 years. Many Japanese (and possibly European as well) last 6 or more.
Many - and i'd emphasize MANY mass market replacement batteries sold with 3 or more year warrantees fail long before the warrantee is out - but the car has changed hands or the owner has misplaced the invoice, so the warrantee is void.

Battery life is directly proportional to (some high power) of the summer temperature. My original equipment truck battery lasted 8 years in the Vermont cold but crapped out the next summer in Alabama.

So how do you know it wouldn't have "crapped out" the next summer had you stayed in Vermont?

Because I know how batteries (don't) work. Heat kills.

That doesn't answer the question.

It does, actually.

Ah, no it doesn't.

Also note that the battery in a 100F Alabama Summer doesn't need *nearly* as much juice to start a car as they do in a -30F Vermont Winter. Cold may suck, but heat kills.

That still doesn't answer the question.

Clueless.

Moron.

Did you catch that from Halliburton?
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 18:03:25 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Up here we get both. It's been over 33C all week, and we had a good stretch of -20C and below only 6 months ago.
On 7/8/2010 6:03 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I think it did hit 100F here in Alabama today. I stayed inside most of the day hugging the AC.
TDD
Wow, that sounds kinky! Could be anti-environmental. Do you swing both ways, and hug trees now and again?
I think we need a don't ask, don't tell policy.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The AC god is worshiped more or as much as the football god here in Alabamastan. The Hillbillies, Plainsmen and Coastal Critters would draw and quarter a heretical Yankee as a blasphemer if he/she/it were to speak ill of our tangible religious icons. When you cross our border, you must stop, kneel, bow your head and pay homage to our gods or suffer the consequences.
TDD
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:54:55 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Typical July and August forecast, hot, hazy, 98 degrees, 98% RH. AC is definately your friend.
Basilisk, near Tuscaloosa