Car accessory

A dozen eggs kept handy under the seat would come in handy, but these days the driver might be a crack head ready to run you off the road, Steven King made a good movie about a truck harassing a driver in the mountains, I forgot the name of it.
Add pictures here
✖

"Duel". Appeared first as a short story in Playboy some time in the 70s.
Add pictures here
✖
Doug Miller wrote:

I think the guy was driving a Dodge Dart. *snicker*
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
Doug Miller wrote:

I was close, it's a 1971 Plymouth Valiant.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 7, 8:35 am, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

re: a movie about a truck harassing a driver in the mountains
Years ago, as a young punk growing up in NYC, I was driving on the Long Island Expressway. The driver of a big panel truck was being a regular NYC a-hole - switching lanes, cutting people off, tailgating, etc.
Well, I could be as big a NYC a-hole as the next guy, so I boxed him in the middle lane for a while, slowed down in front of him for a while, and was just generally being a PIHA.
At one point, he was in the left lane and I was in the middle lane just slightly behind him. I could see he was going to catch up with a slower car in front of him, so I saw another chance to box him in and hit the gas to get alongside him before he could switch lanes.
Just as I pulled up next to him, a big, hairy arm came out of the passenger's window holding a baseball bat.
I slowed down and let him over. <g>
Add pictures here
✖
Years ago, I read a story in the readers Digest. I'll repeat it, below, from memory.
"My husband and I run a retail store, in the small tourist town of ####. One day some tourists came, in their car and parked out front. The one opened the door, and dumped a bunch of trash onto the parking lot. They came into the store. My husband, a locksmith, went out. He picked the lock on the trunk of thier car, and put the trash into thier trunk, and then closed the lid."
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I knew a guy that saw some Volvo-driving-yuppie-scum speeding through a parking lot at Stanford Shopping Center (the San Francisco Peninsula's Spiritual Center) endangering pedestrians in the lot. When the driver parked, he left his sun roof open. The guy I knew, walked around the parking lot picking up trash, and threw it into the car through the sun roof. This same guy I knew would always have a tire valve stem core removal tool with him. If someone did something obnoxious (like the trash thrower), he'd follow them, wait until they parked, and then remove all four valve cores and throw them away. They'd come out to four flat tires, though the tires would be undamaged.
Add pictures here
✖
Noahbuddy wrote:

Maybe poor eyesight? The anti-hijacking rule is that you should be able to see the rear bumper of the car in front of you when stopping. This provides room to maneuver in case of a rapscallion outbreak.
Add pictures here
✖
Slam on your brakes !!!!!!!! Jerry
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair
Add pictures here
✖
Reminds me the time I was on the freeway with a guy behind me a lot too close. I did the hard brake, and not sure he got the picture. He did pull out and pass, at the next possible moment. I was the car right behind him, and followed at my usual safe, comfortable distance. He did a hard brake, presumably "to punish me". Since I had a safe following distance, I just let off the gas, coasted a second or two, and then resume driving. It really illustrated our two driving styles.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus