Capping steps with brick

Hi All: I have a concrete step in the front of my house (with small porch/landing) that is crumbling pretty bad. Has anyone capped the porch and steps with brick? How hard is it and what are the do's and dont's if any. I have seen brick steps and porches and they look great. Thanks

Reply to
PMD

First part of the job is to assure you have a solid non-crumbling surface to put the bricks on. Sorry, but it sounds like you will not be able to do what you want without replacing the concrete first.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

not to mention the height difference from step to step if the concrete wasn't figured for bricks to lay on top. oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Reply to
Adam

Porcelain tile would work with thinset.

Anything assumes the "crumbling" is just superficial.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch