Capping laundry faucet

The hot and cold water taps for my washing machine are controlled by a single lever shutoff. I want to use the just the cold water and cap the hot water. I bought a screw on cap that seems to work but I wonder if there are any problems with this. Is there a better way to cap off just the hot water.

Thanks.

Reply to
kev2home

Don't you have a shut off valve on the hot water line? That is all it takes.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

If you bought a metal cap you should be fine. It may start to drip as the rubber gasket degrades.

If you bought one of those plastic caps you may be sitting yourself up for a flood. I have seen them just pop and I would think hot water would speed up the process.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt