cap shingles have hairline cracks. will cault fix this?

My roof is about 60 feet long and straight. Some of the cap shingles have hairline cracks (not cracked through) at the top of the ridge. The shingles are only 18 months old and there is no sign of leakage. They were installed in 80 degree weather and only cracked recently. Will a good layer of high quality caulk insure against any leakage for the next 5-10 years? Do I have to have them all ripped out and replaced? Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Chalk doesn't do so well on a composite roof. There are things sold in chalking tubes for that purpose that do work pretty well, most are a tar base, but there are some white latex ones. I've used both and the tar stuff seems to work a little better, but any place you can see it, it is the less attractive, unless the roof color is dark to begin with.
Ridges see very little water compared to further down the roof. I wouldn't worry about it yet. Tom gdwolgast wrote:

Hire a professional
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Wow, I can't believe I never thought of that! What a incredibly insightful response! Thanks you SOOOOO much!