cantilevered jacuzzi again

I had an engineer check out the cantilever construction partially holding up my Jacuzzi. It is a 2 foot cantilever. The joists under it connect to a triple joist that should have been fastened to act as a single unit but weren't. I had it checked out because I am redoing the bathroom and I wanted to make sure it was done right by builder 9 years ago. Earlier this week another engineer looked at it and suggest adding angle iron the length of triple joist to make it stiffer. This engineer thought that was a bunch of crap. He said the cantilever did not go deep enuf into the house and there would be a bad uplift problem.... only 30 inches instead of about twice that which is required by code. He said it had to be moved and recommended adding a piece of steel sandwiched between the joists as a stiffener. Bad news for me.

Reply to
Art

Art-

Both of your engineers have an advantage over this engineer......they've seen the installation.

Can you post pictures?

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207