Cant find Small Size Metric Nut Drivers

My Chevy truck has lots of 7mm screws on the interior dash and door panels. My distributor cap has 5mm screws. Fortunately I have a set of metric tips that are intended to fit into a 1/4" driver handle. But they dont stay in that handle, and when working under a dashboard or on the distributor cap, you cant risk the tip falling out of the handle. Therefore I have to always duct tape the tool together before use.
I finally decided to buy 5mm and 7mm nut drivers. Guess what, I cant find them anywhere in the stores, at least not locally. Not even at the auto parts stores. The Nut Driver SETS start at 8mm and go up from there....
This is a rural area, so I dont have access to a lot of stores, but you'd think these would be easier to find, at least at the auto parts stores. I have even looked at the low end, foreign made "junk" tools at some stores and none seem to sell these sizes.
With plenty of these screw sizes in use, why is it so hard to find the tools?
On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 14:47:17 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Model # 106300070
This is a Husky set.
--
Mr.E

We dont have a Home Depot nearby, but I heard they do ship stuff. I'll have to check their website for this. Thanks!

HD will ship for free for orders over $ 45 or so. I ordered 3 of the LED light fixtures from them a few months ago. They shipped out about $ 120 worth for free. Took less than a week to get them.
I order a lot of small items from China off ebay to play with. Usually takes about 3 weeks or less to get most items. It is hard to believe anyone makes any money when they ship an item for free that cost $ 3. To send a 1st class leter from the US to another country costs around $ 1.20.
On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 5:30:35 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I've been talking about those $2-$3 items for years. If you think about how many people have touched some portion of that item, it's almost impossible to believe that everyone made money. It's not just the people that designed and manufactured the item itself, but also the companies that provided and delivered the raw materials to make the item, the people who designed the packaging, manufactured the packaging, provided and delivered the raw materials for the packaging, the paper company that provided and delivered the paper for the instructions, the printing of the instructions, the company that made the printers and the ink, the people that wrote (or translated) the instructions, the oil companies that took the oil out the ground to make any plastics involved, the seller, the shipping companies, etc. etc.
I know it's all based on volume and we're talking fractions of fractions of pennies per item to everyone involved, but it's so hard to fathom how the numbers actually result in everyone making a profit.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

I live WAAAAAY out in the sticks in North central Arkansas , and I have only one thing to say - "eBay is your friend" . Seriously , I check prices at like Lowes or another B&M store that sells what I'm looking for before I go to eBay , and I end up more often than not getting it online . My decision is based on price and availability - if it is available locally for not more than 10% higher (sales tax included)than online , I buy local .
--
Snag

I generally prefer to shop at real stores, and only use Ebay for hard to find parts for old machinery or computer parts, but in this case I may have to look on Ebay. I dont need these tools immediately anyhow. Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

One key to happy eBaying is to always always ALWAYS check the vendors feedback rating . Anything below 99% and I keep looking in most cases - and I try to buy from US vendors just because of the delay for most deliveries from mainland China and Hong Kong .
--
Snag

On 11/29/2015 5:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Brick and mortar stores know that they have to compete with on-line sources and now may do the work for you if an item is not in stock.
Wife's cell phone needed a battery today. Staples did not have it but the clerk ordered one on-line having it shipped to my house postage free. I paid for it at the store along with a computer cartridge in stock. Battery comes next week.
Some brick and mortar stores will match on-line prices if you show them. I wanted a new TV on sale at Best Buy but told the clerk that I could buy on-line for $50 less. He looked it up and said they only match big suppliers price like Amazons and this set was coming from a vendor. He did offer $25 off his price.
On 11/29/2015 3:47 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

One of my old English 1/4 drive ratchet sets has a screw driver handle. Maybe you can get one of these, and use it to turn metric sockets?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 2:50:09 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

DT a 1/4" magnetic tip holder onto your 1/4" driver handle.
Oren posted for all of us...

His screws have rights? Of course he didn't DAGS so everyone here has to cover for him.
--
Tekkie