Cant drive my car at night.

I just bought a used car a few days ago from a deeler. He showed me how to use all the buttons and petals and stuff. Next to the stearing wheel is a handle thing that points to letters, It has P R N D L1 L2. I put that thing in D and drove it most of the day. The car worked fine. When it got dark I did what he told me. He said to put that thing in N (for night) and turn a knob thing to turn on the lights. The lights work but the car stops moving. The motor is runnings and I can make the motor go real fast when I step on the gas petal but the car wont move. I finally had to walk to a store to call a cab and get a ride home. The next morning I started the car, put it in D and got it home. The next night I put it back in N and turned the lights on, and the car would not move again. Even with the lights turned off the car wont move. The car seller told me to always put it in D during the day, and N at night, and use L1 when it got past one oclock and L2 when it gets past 2oclock in the morning. But I cant even get it to run at 8oclock at night when it gets dark. What is wrong with this car? The deeler wont return my calls and I need to drive at night. I am really pissed at the deeler. By the way. What is the P and R for? He told me but I forgot.

Easy! It's driver is either an idiot --- or a smart ass : ) Or RTFM.
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:10:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

That car is different, and he gave you the wrong instructions:
P is for "pee". Use that when you have to dump excess fluid.
R is for "race", when you're having fun.
N is for "nothing".
D is for "don't stop", when you're in a hurry.
L1 is for when you need the lights.
L2 is for when the cops are following you (the other lights).
(some cars have L3, which is to be used only around Christmas).
On 22 Oct, 00:10, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

The OP
P robably R eally N eeds D octor

So what's L? Maybe it's lithium (lithium carbonate for bipolar disorder).
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:10:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Remember, a yellow traffic light means you must speed up. This is the law. It doesn't matter who is in the intersection, as the yellow light gives you the right of way.
--
"Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."
--Confucius
On Oct 22, 2:10 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

This is written by either a comedian or an idiot.
If you are the latter, remove the keys from the ignition, walk home (your address should be written on your drivers license). Give yourself an uppercut and never ever ever drive again.
Lastly cut up your passport, American tourists visiting Australia are subjected to a simple IQ test. Those who fail are given a choice, become a politician or be shot on site. Most choose to be shot.
We call it the APSS (American presidential selection scheme)
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Troll! E for an effort. Plonk!