Cannot fine chimney fire extinguisher anywhere

Looked online for ages now. The one make I did find had a fire in their factory and closed down. Ironic, I suppose!

Anyone got one handy and can tell me the brand name or something?

Thanks

Dean

Reply to
dean

Chimfex was the brand I knew, but they don't seem to be around anymore. Call a local stove store and ask them who the new kid on the block is.

RicodJour

Chimfex was the brand I knew, but they don't seem to be around anymore. Call a local stove store and ask them who the new kid on the block is.

RicodJour

When all else fails, a blast with an ABC dry chem extinguisher is a good idea.

Annual chimney cleaning reduces the chance of such a fire.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not really an answer but and idea.

You might find what you need from a restaurant supply.

I would expect the same type of thing would be over grills / stoves in commercial kitchens.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

Chemical fire ext that you toss into the fire and it chemically smothers the fire. Box instructions make it look like a flare with a twist cap igniter.

Brand name CHIMFEX made by Standard Fusee Corp, Easton MD 21601.

Claimed to be used by fire departments all across America. I bought this one years ago at a wood stove store.

BTW calling the local fire prevention division of your local or a nearby Metro fire department might be the most efficient method of getting an answer.

Reply to
Colbyt