Cannot find this BASIC INFO anywhere on internet!

I google "hand truck proper tire pressure", and get a thousand hits with out a single figure in PSI.

?!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I google "hand truck tires proper tire pressure". Get a thousand hits of which NONE contain a figure with PSI after it.

?!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

and get a thousand hits with out a single figure in PSI.

Look on the tire. I have a two wheely I use for moving boxes. I run about 30, and it seems fine.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The tires on mine say 30 psi max. Your mileage may vary.

Reply to
Buck

Stormin Mormon:

Think about that for a sec - why would I be looking on the internet?

hmmmm...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

This assembly instruction sheet calls for 30 PSI Max

Retired

Retired:

Thanks! I upped ours to 26-27psi per tire last week. Should be OK for three drawer dressers or easy chairs.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I have no idea why you would bother, given that you are searching WITHOUT the term you are most interested in: "PSI".

Reply to
Pico Rico

32 psi, up to max of 36 psi for the 'D' two wheel truck sold at Home Depot
Reply to
RobertMacy

Pico Rico wrote: "I have no idea why you would bother, given that you are s earching WITHOUT the term you are most interested in: "PSI". "

Come on! I never use "PSI" as a search term for tire pressure for a specif ic make/model of car, and I find what I need, why should I have to use it w hen searching for tire pressure for anything else? This is the U.S., what measure besides PSI do we use here? lol

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Thanks Robert Macy!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Next time, just remove one of the pneumatic tires, and you should find a recommended tire pressure molded right into the sidewall on one side of the tire.

Reply to
nestork

Come on! I never use "PSI" as a search term for tire pressure for a specific make/model of car, and I find what I need, why should I have to use it when searching for tire pressure for anything else? This is the U.S., what measure besides PSI do we use here? lol

-------

oh come on, just adjust your search terms as needed to get results. But why should you?

Reply to
Pico Rico

Put psi in search bar.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Even easier , look at the sidewall of the tire . Most are around 30 to 35 psi . OP is a troll and an idiot . Oh well , gmail user , whaddaya expect .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

OK, I give up. How are you going to move an easy chair with a hand truck?

The dresser I can understand. The easy chair I can't picture.

Reply to
nestork

Amazon's hand-truck tires seem to be 10-inch 3.50/4.10-4 (4 ply). One says it's good for 50 PSI.

The weak point may be the rim. I've read of a recall by one brand of truck because the rims may bust and hurt somebody if you put in more than 30 PSI without installing a fixit kit.

I imagine 15 PSI would suit me. I wouldn't want my goldfish to slosh out of the bowl on bumps!

Reply to
J Burns

My understanding is that some truck tire rims (so called "split rims") consist of two or more pieces, but are press fit together so they look like a single piece of steel. Inflating those tires can be very dangerous because if overinflated, the two pieces of the rim can separate with such force that the flying pieces of the rim can kill a person. But, these "split rims" are only used on the tires of fairly large trucks, never on car tires and certainly not on the small tires you find on a hand truck.

Many of the tires used on airplanes have these press fit "split rims", and about 20 years ago someone at the Winnipeg Airport was killed when the airplane tire they were inflating came apart with such force that the flying piece of rim took the airport employee's head right off.

nestork

The tires should be firm and should not sag much when the load is put on them. Just like all tires.

The air pressure in PSI x the number of square inches of tire on the pavement should equal the weight of the load and the hand truck.

Reply to
micky

Is it Groundhog Day?

Reply to