Cannot find this BASIC INFO anywhere on internet!

My assistant reads sidewalls for me, but people were giving us dirty looks when she came into men's rooms with me. Now I use a mirror with a long handle, to be sure I have no zipper mishaps.

Reply to
J Burns

Great movie ;-) Too bad it's turning out to be non-fiction.

Reply to
G. Morgan

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way!"

Reply to
J Burns

J Burns wrote: "- show quoted text - If they have NO PRESSURE molded into the sidewall, they must be solid rubber. "

If only that could explain the standard inflation valve on each tire.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Duc, secre, aut discede. Someone had that on his stationery years ago, I had to ask what it meant. Lead, follow, or depart.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Heh, heh. I can't even see my toes, Col Hogan. Why would I want to touch them?" -- Sgt Schultz

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do you have an arrest record for following her into the womens (with your miror and long handle) to make sure she has no mishaps?

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have one too , and use it for a dead end spam trap . I might check it once every six months or so . I post to usenet thru a news server using a newsreader . My point was that both ggmail users and googroupies are losers that can't figure out a simple usenet interface . Hell , I'm an old dog , and I'm still learning new tricks . My wife taught me to "roll over" last night ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I found the movie G. Morgan meant. The sergeant tells the career soldier, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way!"

The soldier doesn't understand the criticism. He says he has always been good about getting out of the way.

Reply to
J Burns

Solid-rubber hand-truck tires aren't really solid rubber. The valves must be where they filled them with polyurethane foam at the factory.

If you remove them, you should probably cover the holes with duck tape to keep carpenter bees from infesting the polyurethane.

Reply to
J Burns

MTD said 10-14 PSI was right for its riding mowers. I doubt any tires can't take that pressure.

One day, somebody will invent a real search engine. Meanwhile:

Don't include unnecessary words, like "proper".

Try "hand cart", "lawnmower", or "garden" instead of "hand truck".

Similarly, try "inflation" instead of "pressure".

Searching by tire size may help, as may adding "PSI" or "KPa"

Sometimes an image search returns better results.

I'll bet the old Sears catalogs had the information.

Reply to
larrymoencurly

Hi, In the days when there was no Internet, what and how did we do? When I Googled, right away I got a hit 30 psi for 2 ply hand truck tires.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Huh? Car tire pressure? It's on the car door pillar and on the tire itself.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I would just do like most people with bicycle tires -- put some weight on it and pump it up until it looks "right." Not rocket science.

Reply to
Sasquatch Jones

I expect that MTD may recommend an expecially low tire pressure on it's riding mowers to maximize the foot print of the tires and thereby minimize the pressure they exert on the ground below them. My understanding is that walking on grass after a heavy rain can kill the grass because the pressure exerted underfoot can compress the wet soil and drown the grass roots.

Every pneumatic tire I've ever had the pleasure of meeting face-to-face has always had a recommended inflation pressure or pressure range molded into it's sidewall. I'm surprised that thekmanrocks says that his tires don't have that information on them.

Reply to
nestork

I wouldn't touch that one with a ten-foot mirror handle. If the sheriff found out I'm going for the record, he'd tell his deputies to consider ignorance of the law as an excuse in my case. Then how would I get my name in the paper?

Reply to
J Burns

I checked online. Your only infraction was the time you threw an eraser in Miss Crabbi's class, in second grade. Other than that, you did get a couple dozen commendations and merits.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Are you sure it was second grade? Halfway through sixth grade, the teacher made up an excuse to keep me after school. As soon as the other kids were gone, she flew into a rage.

She said she couldn't put her finger on it, but there was something very obnoxious about me, and I knew what I was doing, she she wanted it stopped. She ranted on and on. Maybe she made up the eraser thing for her report in case the principal asked why she'd been screaming.

It came as a shock. I'd thought she accepted me the same as she accepted my classmates, but she'd been faking. If she thought I was out to bug her in some sneaky way and I had no idea what she was talking about, I figured she was paranoid.

In seventh grade, I got my only commendation. My math teacher was about

80 but still as smart as a 5-year-old. It was the first good math course I'd had. At the end of the year, I was called on stage and presented with a felt A to wear on my jacket for having an A average in math.

I would have felt like a snob wearing an award that said math was easier for me than some of my classmates. It was worse than that. I had a C average. It was as easy as pie, but after all those years of school, I was so absent-minded that I made a lot of mistakes.

Toward the end of the year, our homework one night had been to list as many methods as we could, to divide. I was so bad at arithmetic in grammar school that I'd had to think of a lot of tricks to get by. I described 26 methods. I guess that's why she gave me a snob award in front of the whole school. I thought I'd never live it down.

Reply to
J Burns

Oren posted for all of us...

Thanks, amusing reading! I wasted more time reading this the the NG...

Reply to
Tekkie®

J Burns posted for all of us...

No, she just WANTED you! Did you bend her over the desk and her the butt f* she desired?

Reply to
Tekkie®