Can You Paint Electric Baseboards?

Mom's "powder room" has a rusty small baseboard, and I'm in the process of fixing this room. (The toilet is literally wandering in a circular motion!!!) Anyway, do I have to replace the baseboard, or is it safe to use paint to get rid of the unsightly rust?
You can paint it.
: Mom's "powder room" has a rusty small baseboard, and I'm in the process : of fixing this room. (The toilet is literally wandering in a circular : motion!!!) Anyway, do I have to replace the baseboard, or is it safe : to use paint to get rid of the unsightly rust? :
try Rustoleum type of paint
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

process
circular
You'll want to sand smooth the rusty areas, and then use a rust-inhibiting primer (or rust converting paint) and then topcoat with whatever finish paint you want to use.
Auto stores carry a variety of rust conversion products that seem to work, at least the one I bought.
On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 12:18:05 -0500, "William W. Plummer"

toller wrote:

It might be easier to paint replacements. Rust removal is time consuming and difficult. It just comes back in a year or two anyway.

As long as you clean the rust off first!

I spent a few hours with a wire brush cleaning the rust off a boat hoist three years ago, before repainting it. I didn't expect much, since it sits in a lake all year long, but it is still rust free. (the part actually in the water was aluminum, this is the gear housing.)
Replace or clean is question of whether you would rather spend the money or the time. In my case I saved a lot of money.