Can you oil a cedar deck?

I'm not happy with any stain protectors out there at all. The Behr stuff only lasted 2 years and now it looks like crap. I'd to sand off the stain and apply some oils to the cedar. Is this a recommended process for cedar? What type of oil is best for this?
TIA
--
JaKe, Seattle
"People never understood, that the drum is a musical instrument."

Check out Penofin. They make a lot of different oils for decks. They do have a web page.
Or Cabot.