Can you oil a cedar deck?

I'm not happy with any stain protectors out there at all. The Behr stuff only lasted 2 years and now it looks like crap. I'd to sand off the stain and apply some oils to the cedar. Is this a recommended process for cedar? What type of oil is best for this?

TIA

Reply to
JaKe

Transparent sealers usualy last 1 yr . An oil less. Olympic seems to be making the best products according to Consumer Reports tests. Subscribe online.

Reply to
m Ransley

Check out Penofin. They make a lot of different oils for decks. They do have a web page.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
nospambob