Can Whirlpool washer & dryer be stacked on pedestal drawers?

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:58:28 GMT, Wlm Singleton

What is the "sport" involved?

Do you have a bad back? I"m 60 and I don't have the slightest trouble bending down for the dryer. My washer is a toploader and works fine, but if it were a front loader, I could bend down for it too.

So what if it is 49" above the ground plus another 14 inches to the bottom of the drawer. That would be 63 inches. Now if you're 5'6" and your head is 6? inches high, that would mean the top of your shoulders is 60 inches, 3 inches below the opening of the door. If you angle your arms, you'll be able to get them in the opening, but how will you get them to bend down at the elbows to take the clothes out of the dryer?
Are the controls higher than 63? I'm sure they are more like 85 inches, 7 foot 3, so you'll never be able to turn the dryer on. Maybe you'll just put them in but never dry them, so you can put more and more clothes in and you'll never have to take them out.
Have you thought about this at all?
This strikes me as the dumbest thread I've ever read.
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 02:45:45 GMT, Tom G wrote:

That seems to be the consensus but the wierd thing is NOWHERE in the factory PDFs does it actually say that! 10 inch http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=CUSTOM+LAUNDRY+OPTIONS&cat@4&prod 00 15 inch http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=CUSTOM+LAUNDRY+OPTIONS&cat@4&prod 01 13 inch http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid 182148&whse&topnav=&cat=&s=1
So, we're left to guessing.
What the heck are the factory PDFs for anyway if they don't tell us anything about how to stack the units!
That's why I came to you guys for help!
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:58:32 GMT, William Underhill wrote:

You'd think the darn PDFs from the factory would have this information. But they don't!
10 inch pedestal: http://www.whirlpool.com/assets/pdfs/product/ZINSTALL/8543738.pdf
13 inch pedestal: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid 182148&whse&topnav=&cat=&s=1
15.5 inch pedestal: http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?parentCategoryId 3&categoryId@4&subCategoryId@5&productId01&view=1#tabs