Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

Page 9 of 9
On 7/30/2016 11:49 PM, Tony944 wrote:

I have and I've filled hundreds of tanks. The oxygen is the same from the main tank. The difference is the tanks themselves. Medical tanks are also tagged with lot numbers for traceability. Must also meet USP specs for purity.
It makes sense for the oxygen company to go with the highest level of purity in all cases.
Don't forget about aviation grade too.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I have and I've filled hundreds of tanks. The oxygen is the same from the main tank. The difference is the tanks themselves. Medical tanks are also tagged with lot numbers for traceability. Must also meet USP specs for purity.
It makes sense for the oxygen company to go with the highest level of purity in all cases.
Don't forget about aviation grade too.
I do not know what co. you work for but it seems that gas you have seen it has being purified and filtered before it got there, Organization I witnessed are in recovery business of few different gases.
On 7/31/2016 12:51 AM, Tony944 wrote:

Did they have different grades on the oxygen? Most gas companies have argon, acetylene, helium, etc. but along the way they can sequester and process oxygen to meet all requirements at the same time. Saves having additional tanks.
No, I'd not use a tank from welding service for my medical oxygen but barring potential contamination from the tank, is is the same stuff loaded.
On Friday, June 18, 2010 at 8:58:42 PM UTC-5, Some Guy wrote:

Read this link - the difference is in the chain of custody of the bottle. M edical Grade Oxygen is just oxygen - the bottle itself is presumed "clean" if it's labeled Medical. The oxygen inside is the same, no matter what the outside of the bottle says. http://www.ozonesolutions.com/info/is-medical-o xygen-different
On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 11:04:56 -0800 (PST), Doctor Bob

On Friday, June 18, 2010 ........
The OP died long ago, when he began breathing from an Acetylene tank while smoking a cigarette. Pieces of his lungs were found as far as 20 miles away.
On Friday, June 18, 2010 ........ On Friday, June 18, 2010 ........ On Friday, June 18, 2010 ........
I think the time has come to start a class action lawsuit against Homeownershub.com
Any Website (such as Homeownershub) who reproduces this message without my permission, WILL BE PROSECUTED!