Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

please can u get back to me re weather or not I can use 02 industrial oxygen for my ozone generator.. I usually use 02 medical oxygen....but the machine convert,s it . thankyou can u get back to me snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
janetellishka

janetellishka

The difference is a certification. Both are very pure, but legally, I can't tell you it is OK even though they are made the same way.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The only difference between the 2 is the bottle it comes out of. The requirements for "industrial oxygen" are often higher than for medical oxygen when it comes to purity.

Reply to
clare

The other difference is that your insurance won't pay for it. Don't know how much of a problem that would be. I have also heard of some providers such as home health nurses, etc., that won't deal with that part of your care because of liability problems since it isn't labelled for medical use.

Reply to
Kurt V. Ullman

please can u get back to me re weather or not I can use 02 industrial oxygen for my ozone generator.. I usually use 02 medical oxygen....but the machine convert,s it . thankyou can u get back to me snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Yes it is big difference , Medical oxygen is purified and clean from any other gases. While industrial oxygen it is not and it is not recommended for breathing use.

Reply to
Tony944

Not really, do you have the specifications? Picking up oxygen from one supplier they are filling both types of tanks from the same source. Once gets tagged, the other does not. The difference is the certification.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Actually the reverse is true, if anything.ndustrial Oxygen specifications are VERY stringent. A bit od Co2 ir Nitrogen in breathing oxygen is not a problem - in industrial oxygen it can be VERY critical.

Reply to
clare

No, it is contaminated. I've seen it used and there is a lot of smoke in it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No it is the same stuff.

Reply to
bowers.c

One might be cleaner more pure oxygen? The odd impurity in welding oxygen isn't a problem.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

I could have sworn this topic was beaten to death more than one time since 2010.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

He'll get to those eventually.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Some help: or

Dean Hoffman

Considering most people are on oxygen because of smoking, what difference at this point does it make?

Reply to
Jack Cass

Taxed and Spent posted for all of us...

You would be correct!

Reply to
Tekkie®

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 22:02:55 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

Should have used the other oxygen, it could have been kept alive.

-- =

The evening news is where they begin with "Good evening", and then proce= ed to tell you why it isn't.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Perhaps it was, but someone gave it oxygen and revived it.

Reply to
Micky

No it is the same stuff.

You are full shit!! Have you ever work or been at filling area???

Reply to
Tony944

I have and I've filled hundreds of tanks. The oxygen is the same from the main tank. The difference is the tanks themselves. Medical tanks are also tagged with lot numbers for traceability. Must also meet USP specs for purity.

It makes sense for the oxygen company to go with the highest level of purity in all cases.

Don't forget about aviation grade too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski