Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

Page 8 of 9
On Saturday, June 19, 2010 at 2:58:42 AM UTC+1, Some Guy wrote:

please can u get back to me re weather or not I can use 02 industrial oxygen for my ozone generator.. I usually use 02 medical oxygen....but the machine convert,s it . thankyou can u get back to me snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

The difference is a certification. Both are very pure, but legally, I can't tell you it is OK even though they are made the same way.
On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 05:46:24 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

requirements for "industrial oxygen" are often higher than for medical oxygen when it comes to purity.
On 4/11/16 12:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

how much of a problem that would be. I have also heard of some providers such as home health nurses, etc., that won't deal with that part of your care because of liability problems since it isn't labelled for medical use.
wrote in message
Yes it is big difference , Medical oxygen is purified and clean from any other gases. While industrial oxygen it is not and it is not recommended for breathing use.
On 4/12/2016 12:02 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Not really, do you have the specifications? Picking up oxygen from one supplier they are filling both types of tanks from the same source. Once gets tagged, the other does not. The difference is the certification.

specifications are VERY stringent. A bit od Co2 ir Nitrogen in breathing oxygen is not a problem - in industrial oxygen it can be VERY critical.
On 4/12/2016 7:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

No, it is contaminated. I've seen it used and there is a lot of smoke in it.
On Saturday, June 19, 2010 at 2:58:42 AM UTC+1, Some Guy wrote:

On Friday, June 18, 2010 at 7:58:42 PM UTC-6, Some Guy wrote:

No it is the same stuff.

One might be cleaner more pure oxygen? The odd impurity in welding oxygen isn't a problem.
--
Hello, you have reached technical support.
Please dial 1 to report an issue, 2 to report a challenge, 3 to report a problem, or 4 to report a cockup.
On 7/30/2016 11:55 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

I could have sworn this topic was beaten to death more than one time since 2010.

He'll get to those eventually.
--
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?

On 7/30/16 3:12 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

<https://groups.google.com/forum /#!searchin/alt.home.repair/welding$20oxygen%7Csort:relevance/alt.home.repair/bHqxvaWHr1c/FrYKVNhSbwEJ> or http://alturl.com/cofda
Taxed and Spent posted for all of us...

You would be correct!
--
Tekkie

Should have used the other oxygen, it could have been kept alive.
-- The evening news is where they begin with "Good evening", and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 13:07:16 -0700, Taxed and Spent

Perhaps it was, but someone gave it oxygen and revived it.

I hope it was 99.99% pure.
--
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's fun and games that you can't see anymore.

Considering most people are on oxygen because of smoking, what difference at this point does it make?
wrote in message
On Friday, June 18, 2010 at 7:58:42 PM UTC-6, Some Guy wrote:

No it is the same stuff.
You are full shit!! Have you ever work or been at filling area???