Can two twin matrresses be made into one BIG bed?

How is it possible to set two twin mattresses side by side to make one big bed?

How to cover or fill in the "crevice" between the twins?

Should I use tow twin bed frames..... or one big king frame to hole everything?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
me

Slide the frames next to each other. If you buy a king frame, it will probably not provide enough support along the inner side. The can be addressed with plywood, or some extra wood underneath, but what's the point?

Have slept this way for years as I'm a light sleeper. I've seen "T" pads designed to fill the gap, but never found the need. Any group activity tends to be on one side or the other.

King frame won't work for a couple of reasons. One cited above, the other is that two twins do not make a king. They're the right width but 6" short. You'll either have to cut the frame down (which still leaves you short on side support), or buy Twin XL mattresses. You will also run into the same problem with fitted sheets.

Reply to
Robert Neville

Robert Neville wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How many in the group? heh heh

Reply to
FlavorFlav

For years, my inlaws had an extra room with two twin beds shoved together to make one double bed. It wasn't too bad if we each stayed in the middle of one of the twins, but the crack in the middle was very uncomfortable. I quickly discovered that I do NOT stay in the middle of one half. I think they even had some sort of middle thingy, but it didn't work.

A couple of years ago, they replaced it with a queen bed. What a difference. Much, much better.

Reply to
Prof Wonmug

Prof Wonmug wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How about putting them together and use one of the T things. Then put a mattress topper over it.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Contact a Cruise line. Almost all of their rooms have two twins that they convert into a single. Have never had a complaint from me or my wife on any of our cruises so they must be doing something right.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

of their rooms have two twins

I believe they have both twin matresses and larger ones depending on what you want........

Reply to
bob haller

If you need a bed that large, your wife must be a damn whale. Put the fat bitch on a diet, or just dump her and find a new good looking woman. Dont bother to try to seal the crack between the beds. That's where you dump the fat bitch after sex. You surely dont want to wake up looking at her lard ass. Do yourself a favor. Send her to a zoo that needs a whale or elephant replacement. You dont want or need her. Then you can get some good sleep without the odor coming from between her rolls of fat.

Reply to
mattress

You'll

re: Any group activity tends to be on one side or the other.

It's obvious that your groups are smaller than mine.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There is a "T" divider on the market you can put into the crack. Not comforable to lay on the crack, though.

Reply to
Phisherman