Can trim be part of the door?

Hi,

I just got a nasty surprise.

I ordered new insulated tempered glass units for four of my doors that lead to the porch. B/c they are insulated units they require wide trim to cover the metal part of the unit. But upon taking out trim on one side of the door and the old glass, I discovered that the old trim is part of the door! Have you ever seen something like that? (To make matters worse, in trying to remove the old "trim" I materially damaged it before I discovered that it was part of the door.)

So what to do now? Get new doors? Somehow cut the old trim out?

So something else?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
aaronfude

No idea what you're talking about from this description. Need pictures or drawings.

Reply to
dpb

Reply to
bamboo