Can "They" fix this?

Page 2 of 2
I'm of two minds about it...
On the one hand, people should know better than to buy a house on a mud pile, near a flooding river, at the top of a steep hill they can't drive up in the winter, in a hole that will flood and/or they can't get out of in the winter; but people do all those things.
On the other hand, what is the point of having building codes if the city will allow developers to build on poor soil?
--
Mac Cool

Perhaps because if they *don't* allow developers to build just anywhere they'll get thrown out of office by the "we don't need no steenking gubbermint reggylayshun" brigade.
Perce
On 01/19/05 06:38 pm Mac Cool tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:51:00 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

I think you've hit on the issue, Perce.

Tom Miller wrote:

In most places I've been of any size, the developers tend to be the regulators as they recognize they way to maximize their ability to do what they do profitably is to control city council, zoning boards, etc. So they make concerted efforts to do so...