Can't win this one.

Page 2 of 2
On 07/20/2015 08:31 PM, Muggles wrote:

We are going about this leisurely as we are basically re-doing our entire house as well.
Painting and plaster repair...rehanging all the art.
My wife is an artist and I'm a photographer so we have 300 paintings and photos!
We have to be done by December but will probably be done a lot sooner.
The main thing is that we pull the sink, do the wall paper and replace the sink within two days.
Last time I re-did the kitchen I was doing dishes in the basement wash tubs ...with dish pans of course.
On 7/20/2015 8:53 PM, philo wrote:

Hopefully, all will go as planned. Are you taking before, during, and after photos?
--
Maggie

On 07/20/2015 10:32 PM, Muggles wrote:

We took a few so far and will continue to do so.
I can still do as much physical labor as I could when I was younger...but *not* five days a week.
On 7/21/2015 4:13 AM, philo wrote:

That's how I feel, too. I can still do some stuff, but not like I used to.
--
Maggie

philo posted for all of us...

The gov't is requiring you to pay him 15 bux and hour so don't cheap out! Does he get bennies?
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

I'm sure, according to her, you'll screw that up too. :-)
On 7/20/2015 4:45 PM, philo wrote:

When we do ours, I'm not even going to start anything until I can spend 40k to 50k to get it just the way she wants. It will go right down to the sheetrock.
On 07/20/2015 08:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Twenty five years ago I entirely gutted the kitchen and put in 5/8" drywall..
Because I mostly did it myself it was not terribly expensive.
Since I only paid $29k for the house I don't think I'll be dishing out $50 for a new kitchen.
Although the house is worth considerably more than what I paid for it , I cannot justify a $50k kitchen...and what we are doing now my wife is fine with.
We'd rather spend out money taking vacations
BTW: The was a video I saw a few days ago where a guy surprised his with with a new $60k kitchen and all she did was complain.
I sure hope he's looking for a new wife now.
http://washingtonweeklynews.com/hilarious-a-husband-surprises-his-wife-with-a-kitchen-makeover-and-her-reaction-is-even-better/
Of course this could be a fake video though
philo posted for all of us...

What are trying to do? Ramp up the economy by yourself? I demand you get out of here because this group is composed of gnarly, cheap assed, disabled geezers and you are messing with the flow...
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

She's there and I'm not so she knows a lot more about this than I do.

ago...."Correctly"

Obviously male left-rights and female left-rights are opposits. Something you'll just have to learn to live with.