Can't repair home office printer, so need a new one

Page 8 of 8
On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 9:09:09 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:

Never had any issues like this with Epson...they would bitch if you used a "compatible" cartridge, but still print. My 1st Epson I was refilling (free ware to reset the chip), but Epson ink is high quality and water resistant. I used to repair Epson dot-matrix POS printers...brilliantly engineered.
On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 10:09:09 AM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:

"You're in a newsgroup. There's a topic. People come for discussion of that topic. I shouldn't need to explain that. Being "a regular" doesn't confer special status to post unrelated chit-chat."
On 10/5/2016 9:07 AM, Mayayana wrote:

I don't print a lot all the time, but I do print off and on enough to need a decent and reliable printer. I just switched from an HP to an Epson, and I'm hoping I got a good one this time, too.
--
Maggie

Tue, 04 Oct 2016 18:36:59 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

You'll find that problem with a lot of things. You can't always rely on some customer reviews. Some issues the customer had are the direct result of the customer not following directions and/or not understanding something. Keep in mind, the ones leaving the reviews could be like you. "I'm giving it a 1 star because I had trouble installing the software" - customer may not have followed the directions carefully, but, they aren't going to admit that.
I've actually had customers call for help because their printer wouldn't print anything. It went thru the motions and ejected a blank page. When I went to their home or had them bring the printer in, I'd find the 'remove me before using' tear away sticker still attached to the bottom of one or more cartridges.
Btw, please don't keep trying to print if you get a blank page; as, the printer is putting droplets of ink all over the sticky side of the remove before using sticker. It makes a mess in short order. The ink tends to stay wet in those circumstances.

Just a few suggestions, actually. Some people in the thread have recommended decent machines and one poster even provided a decent url to learn more. I'd suggest you visit the url and make your own decision based on what your needs are. Since you didn't bother to list them with your post.
And my second suggestion, don't buy an all in one anything. The print quality isn't the greatest and the scanner resolution is often not the best either. Depending on make/model of the all-in-one, if one component fails or indicates it has a problem during the power up self test, it may not let you use the other components. Kodak all in one comes to mind...
You're better off with dedicated hardware. IE: a printer that prints and a scanner that scans; seperate units entirely though. The print quality will usually be better AND the scanner will usually offer higher resolution scans vs an all-in-one.
My post isn't specifying which posters suggested decent printers based on service work history I have with the majority of them, and, it's intentional on my part, due to our past. I don't think highly of you and time hasn't changed that opinion.
--
People you encounter every day are fighting battles you know nothing
about. Be kind.