Can't repair home office printer, so need a new one

I got my Ascom certified postal scale for nothing when the office replaced it's postage meter. Figure you can't get much better than the ascom - and you definitely cannot beat the price - - -. I got it to ballance engine parts.

Reply to
clare

hehe. That's what I do with Amazon. But I placed an order on August

26th and one item is still not here. Expected delivery October 12th. Oh, that's fast shipping, isn't it? Hardly. hehe. Might as well live in Timbukto with that kind of service.
Reply to
Vic Smith

Not lucky, careful. Shopping at HF is easy but I'm not going to get into that discussion...again.

It would take me longer than I would want to wait especially if I don't see much of an advantage in waiting.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I was chatting with a fellow the other day and he does the same. It also gives you the option of changing your mind. Sometimes when you make an impulse purchase you later regret it.

Though what I find is often shortly after I've finally placed the order I come up with another small item I wish I had included.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

I noticed she was quick to purchase a printer, but, don't know for sure that she didn't take anyones advice beforehand. She may have, she may not have. Point is, she was coddled. It's one of the reasons why I wrote the post you partially quoted.

Reply to
Diesel

Is it an item amazon itself sells, or is it being sold thru amazon by a

3rd party? It can take longer if the latter.
Reply to
Diesel

Have you weighed your finger with it?

Reply to
FromTheRafters

I never can tell when an order from Amazon will arrive here. Not a prime member and just get the free shipping. Sometimes it will be shipped out in a day or two, most of the time it is about a week before they ship it. Usually if not filled by Amazon,but by one of the 'stores' it is shipped right out. If by Amazon it is atleast a week before they ship.

I order from ebay lots of times and the 'stores' with the buy it now almost always ship the next day. I can get an order from China almost as fast as from the regular Amazon. Almost any other place I order from on a Monday will get here by Thursday or Friday of the same week.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I don't do prime and Amazon takes several days longer than the 3rd party for me. Most 3rd parties ship the same or the next day. Amazon is almost always a week before shipping.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Wow, 50 cents! I'm rich. I have 3 old CRT TV's to get rid of, so with a lot of time and effort, and a little bit of risk of an electric shock, I could be in for a real windfall -- $1.50. Time to give up my day job.

Reply to
TomR

Half the stuff sold on Amazon has to come from China first before they can ship it. I cut out the middleman and order Chinese junk directly from China.

Reply to
clare

Up until a short time ago there were several junky looking trucks or vans with small trashy trailers cruising the streets every garbage day, grabbing anything metallic - ferrous or not. The last couple months they have been reduced by, at the very least, half.- and they are picky. They take non-ferrous and heavy steel scrap - like brake rotors etc, but leave the light tin and plated steel lamps. They will still nab stuff like washers and driers and ranges.

Reply to
clare

Third party, which I didn't notice because it was advertised with Amazon's +$49 free shipping. The other 4 items came in about a week. Actually I placed my order on August 24th. So it's taking 1 1/2 months to get here. Doesn't really matter, as I don't buy anything from Amazon which I need quickly. But Amazon has outdone itself on this item.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Prints both sides without your pinkies touching the paper.

Reply to
Tony944

Back in the 80s, Xerox usta have a monster of a copy machine that would do that. Plus, it would do 400 sheets in 30 secs. Unfortunately, it rarely worked properly and our vendor had no field techs who knew how to repair it. 8|

nb

Reply to
notbob

At one time, I was a Xerox 3100LDC repair technician. Back when that model was relatively new.

Reply to
FromTheRafters
[snip]

I ordered some of that, a $20 camera (both still and video) that uses a micro SD card and fits on a keyring and looks like a car remote. Shipping took over a month, but the camera actually takes good pictures as long at it has adequate light.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I'm waiting for new eyeglasses from Zenni Optical. Wife criticizes me for buying from China but last glasses I bought here have label on the case that says "made in China". Zenni price since I bought last has gone up 50% but wife's new glasses had gone up over 100%.

Just had to buy a new cartridge for HP printer as re-inked cartridge would not work. HP's cartridge was made in China.

Reply to
Frank

Back in the 80s Kodak had a color copier.

They also had a feature on one B&W model that I had never seen before or have seen since: There was an opening near the output trays where you could stick the corner of your original and have the machine staple it for you. No "stand-alone" stapler to go missing or need to be refilled.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I bought glasses from Zenni once, but had to send them back because they didn't get the lenses right. They sent back ones that were worse, so I just asked for a refund and bought glasses locally.

I've been buying glasses from Costco since then and I get really good prices and they haven't made any mistakes so far. (I'm on my 3rd pair from Costco.)

I haven't had much luck with ink jet printers. I never got anywhere close to the rated number of pages out of the cartridges, and refilling them didn't work very well. I had Lexmark, HP, and Epson printers. The Lexmarks were the worst.

I finally just gave up and bought a small HP laser printer. I got a really good deal on it and it works really well. It has a duplexer too, so it's easy to save on paper by printing on both sides.

I know most people want color and to be able to print photos, but if B&W is ok you can save a lot of money by avoiding ink jets.

Reply to
Bud Frede