can't remove a faucet

Good point about the washer. If I'm in that far replace it while I'm there. (Once in a pinch I made a washer from hobby shop leather (temporary) and replaced it later with the normal rubber washer.)

Reply to
Oren

re: "and replaced it later"

What! D "It's only temporary...unless it works."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

- Well it worked, temporarily!

Reply to
Oren

Absolutely. After attempting to take apart a carburetor choke, I figured out that it didn't come apart. I had to put it back together with 30 minute epoxee (they didnt' have the quicker stuff then) and it stayed that way for four more years until I junked the car.

Oh yeah, I tried to fix the choke because it stayed closed even when it shouldn't have. On a trip to NY the smoke coming out the exhaust was terrible. So I put the cap of a pen btween the choke-plate and the housing. Just for the trip. But it worked well so it stayed there for 4 years until I junked the car.

With not much choke, I had to start the car two or three times in the winter before it stayed on, but that wasn't bad. A new carburetor was hundreds of dollars.

Reply to
mm

I've never done it before.

Reply to
Jud McCranie

It is fixed "good enough". A little water on the outside but not enough to drip.

Good idea, I can try that.

Reply to
Jud McCranie

If they are plumbed with CPVC instead of PVC pipe you are in luck. You can get a very good connector called Sharkbite. Yuo just make a square cut on the pipe and push the connector on the pipe. This make doing simple plumbing super eaasy. Jud I know you can do this. Just google sharkbite and check out their website I am sure this will give you an idea of how to fix the plumbing if you havent gotten it fixed already.

You should learn a new skill or two, how to sweat copper pipe, how to make PVC glued connections. Both are easy to do. Instructions are plentiful on the internet. Learning something new is always fun.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE