Can't lock window

I have a single hung window that will not lock. When i try to lock it the sliding lock just misses the grove in the window where it locks. If i tilt out the lower sash like to clean the window & tilt it back up & close it, then it will lock. How can i fix this problem ?
--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
On Fri, 28 May 2010 16:08:26 -0400, desgnr wrote:

Call a window repair person.

Probably no fix. I have a couple of windows that I sometime have to push up on the upper sash while locking.
desgnr wrote:

--
LSMFT