Can't get rid of Video Label on Sony Wega

Hi, Recently, the Video Label on my Sony Wega KV-32FS100 will not go away. I press Display on the remote repeatadly and nothing happens. I've tried to go into the menu > Setup > Video Label dialog but I can only change the type of label that is displayed (LD, Line1, Satellite, DVD...) but cannot make it go away. I also tried removing all the components and also tried to Reset the TV without any resolution. Please help... this is driving me nuts.

Any advice is much appreciated. Best regards, KK

Reply to
kassam.k

have you tried unplugging the tv then plug it back in? This happened to me with my vega. The display button on the remote was sticking / not working. Try another remote in one of your components thats compatible with the vega. I tossed the remote for the tv away (200.00 for a new one) and now use the amp remote for all.

Reply to
robson

Uh, those remotes are often repairable, you know. (I am assumming one of the rubber-button models?) Just snap or unscrew the case apart, and remove and clean the rubber sheet with the buttons, and gently clean the the black spots on the circuit board with a pencil eraser. I've brough back lots of 'dead' remotes that way.

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers

Yes, I tried unplugging the TV overnight and plugging it back in. I also confirmed that the display button on my remote is not the problem by using it on my other Sony TV.... it works just fine. I&#39;ve narrowed the problem down to the TV. Still no idea what it could be.

Regards, KK

snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca wrote:

Reply to
kassam.k