Can't get my nail gun and air compressor to work

I ecently purchased a RONA air compressor and nailer for some trim jobs at home. I've run through all the instructions and completed the 15 min setup, filled the nailer, adjusted the pressure and nothing - the gun won't fire. There doesn't appear to be a safety on the nailer and I've checked the manual multiple times.
The connections seem to be OK but it seems like there's no pressure coming through the hose but I can't be sure.
I've never used a compressor at home, only in a workshop so I'm new to this.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
thanks in advance.
Kathy

Does the guage show pressure? Does air escape when you plug/unplug the nailer from the hose?
Bob
On 14 Feb 2007 13:06:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

I cannot imagine a new nailer not having a safety feature. Check that you put bullets in it.

Is the hose filling when you connect it or emptying when you remove it from the compressor? The gauge is adjusted to the correct pressure to "fire" the gun?

Good reasons for safety features on the nailer.

Let us know, please...
-- Oren
On 14 Feb 2007 13:06:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

On Feb 14, 3:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

with the compressor on , and the gun attached , press the nose of the gun against a scrap piece of lumber and pull the trigger.
Does the gun cycle ?
does the compressor cycle on /off and does the pressure guage show pressure.
have you set the delivery pressure ? My compressor has a guage that shows the tank pressure and a marking on the adjusting dial to show the delivery pressure.
On 14 Feb 2007 14:37:34 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

To add to this, if the regulater (aka delivery pressure) is set to low, you'll shoot blanks.
Regards Dale
On Feb 14, 3:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

Nail guns won't fire unless the nose piece is placed on the work and FULLY depressed and then the trigger is depressed. That is the single fire mode. In the automatic mode the trigger is held down and the gun fires by depressing the nose piece against the work and it fires when fully depressed. Check which mode your tool is set for and try it again...I'll bet it works now, right? HTH
Joe
On 14 Feb 2007 13:06:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

Two things come to mind:
First, the compressor likely has a valve which regulates the flow of air into the line -- make sure that it is open.
Second -- to fire, the point of the nailer must be depressed. Press the gun down against the material you are nailing, then pull the trigger.
Failing those two, go back to Rona.
Ken
On Feb 14, 10:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.tnx wrote:

I did have the air pressure adjusted to the recommended level (on the tank gauge), and I also depressed the nailer against the trim - neither worked. It seems most likely that I need to check the valve that regulates the air flow since I don't seem to be getting any. There is another gauge which I believe regulates the air pressure to the hose but I don't remember seeing any way of adjusting it. I'll go back and check this evening.
Thanks again.
Kathy

snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

Having air in the tank isn't the same as having air in the line. I believe you'll find adjusting the regulator to raise the pressure in the line will fix the problem.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com